Buying a used Leaf, need advice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npittard

I'm looking into purchasing a used Leaf and I've got a couple of options. At first I was only looking at the 2015 model either an SV or SL. I've found a 2015 SV with 11k miles for just under 14K that seems like a pretty good option.

Now, I've found a 2012 SL with 33k miles and only 8 bars left asking $8500. The original purchase date was 12/22/11. I'm thinking this one may be eligible for the warranty battery replacement which makes it a really good deal. I know there are some improvements I would be sacrificing (heat pump, faster on board charger) but I'm not sure those things outweigh the deal if I could get a new battery pack installed for nothing.

My question is, what's my due diligence to be sure this car is eligible for the warranty replacement? And I'd love opinions about the value of either of these cars. What other features could I be sacrificing going with an older model?

I live in Georgia so our winters are pretty mild but our summers are hot, however, I do have a garage that the vehicle will be housed in all the time. I work from home so my "commute" is non-existent with the exception of occasionally carting my son to school, running errands, and shuttling to afterschool activities.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Nic

Contact Nissan. They can both tell you if that VIN is "ok" battery warranty-wise, and what the actual in-service date is for the car. The In-service date is what is used to start the warranty clock.

Back