Proud new Leaf owner :)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ucsmfu

Hello everyone,

Just took delivery of a brand new 2016 Leaf SL in gun metallic grey . Traded in my 2012 Yaris. I am really excited and cannot wait to get my first charge in :)

Future potential mods:

- window deflectors
- tinted windows
- led fogs
- illuminated shifter
- 2 channel dashcam
- blue convex side mirror
- led license plate lights
- Turbo cord 240v charger

Cheers !

Congrats, hope the range works well for you.
Are you stuck on the Turbo cord? Personally if your OK with <20a @240v I'd probably suggest getting your OEM EVSE upgraded by EVSEupgrade.com, gives you more flexibility than the Turbo cord. There are also a couple other portable options for 240v@16a, all cheaper than the Turbocord. Now if you have access to ~30a @240v you probably want to get a wall mount EVSE, your vehicle goes up to 27.5a but would require a 40a circuit.
I have a 30a EVSE for home use and a upgraded OEM EVSE for 20a(or less) charging and also a $299 Ebusbar for 16a only charging at either 120v or 240v, IMO the Turbo cord is a bit overpriced for what it does.

Let me know if/where you find window deflectors for a Leaf, I've never seen them but would also like them, I might also suggest WeatherTech floor mats, if you live in a area that experiences snow, they come in handy. Doesn't the shift mouse already glow? mine does. I wouldn't mind tinted windows but don't care to go more than 35% for front windows, maybe 20% on rear windows and hatch, much darker and it gets pretty hard to see at night.

jjeff said:
Are you stuck on the Turbo cord? Personally if your OK with <20a @240v I'd probably suggest getting your OEM EVSE upgraded by EVSEupgrade.com, gives you more flexibility than the Turbo cord. There are also a couple other portable options for 240v@16a, all cheaper than the Turbocord. Now if you have access to ~30a @240v you probably want to get a wall mount EVSE, your vehicle goes up to 27.5a but would require a 40a circuit.
I have a 30a EVSE for home use and a upgraded OEM EVSE for 20a(or less) charging and also a $299 Ebusbar for 16a only charging at either 120v or 240v, IMO the Turbo cord is a bit overpriced for what it does.

Let me know if/where you find window deflectors for a Leaf, I've never seen them but would also like them, I might also suggest WeatherTech floor mats, if you live in a area that experiences snow, they come in handy. Doesn't the shift mouse already glow? mine does. I wouldn't mind tinted windows but don't care to go more than 35% for front windows, maybe 20% on rear windows and hatch, much darker and it gets pretty hard to see at night.

Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcome

A 30a EVSE is considered as a level 2 right ?

For the window deflectors I am looking to get these ones https://www.wellvisors.com/product/3-847ns013.html

Shifter led https://i.imgur.com/sbEAN8n.png

Tint: 25 % for the rear 5 windows.

Thanks

ucsmfu said:
jjeff said:

Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcome, haha I bought the Turbocord brand new on Ebay for $300 shipped, figured it was a good deal so pulled the trigger before getting my car today.

A 30a EVSE is considered as a level 2 right ?

For the window deflectors I am looking to get these ones https://www.wellvisors.com/product/3-847ns013.html

Shifter led https://i.imgur.com/sbEAN8n.png

Tint: 25 % for the rear 5 windows.

Thanks
$300 is quite a bit less than I thought they sold for, I guess I wouldn't argue about that.
Yes Level 2 simply means 240v, can be anywhere from 6??a to 27.5 max for most newer Leafs.
Those deflectors look nice, wonder why the big brand(WeatherTech) doesn't seem to carry them for Leafs :?
25% tint all around should really help keep your Leaf cooler in the summer, I've been thinking about a custom fit sunshade for my front windshield(~$40) but so far have been getting by with a generic one that doesn't fit so well.

ucsmfu said:
jjeff said:

Hello,

Thanks for the warm welcome, haha I bought the Turbocord brand new on Ebay for $300 shipped, figured it was a good deal so pulled the trigger before getting my car today.
Wow you did get a great deal on that TC(Turbocord) just checked Amazon and the cheapest 240v only model TC is $500 and the 120/240v model is $600, both too much for what it does, IMO. Unless you don't mind carrying around 2 EVSEs in your Leaf(factory one for 120v and cheaper TC for 240v) I personally wouldn't consider the cheaper TT, leaving the $600 model which is double what I purchased my Ebusbar(or EVSEupgrade option) for. Again not saying I know anything bad about the TC, just think their pricing structure is a bit steep.

Thanks, yeah the level is way too slow, charged for 30 minutes and didn't even notice any battery % increase, maybe gained extra 2-3km only ><

jjeff said:
ucsmfu said:
jjeff said:

Hello,

Wow you did get a great deal on that TC(Turbocord) just checked Amazon and the cheapest 240v only model TC is $500 and the 120/240v model is $600, both too much for what it does, IMO. Unless you don't mind carrying around 2 EVSEs in your Leaf(factory one for 120v and cheaper TC for 240v) I personally wouldn't consider the cheaper TT, leaving the $600 model which is double what I purchased my Ebusbar(or EVSEupgrade option) for. Again not saying I know anything bad about the TC, just think their pricing structure is a bit steep.

That's a great deal on the Turbo. And a great Car, too!

Please let us know how you like those deflectors. One of the awesome things about the Leaf is the quiet. I wonder if deflectors will give you anywhere near the same feeling.

Bob

Bob said:
That's a great deal on the Turbo. And a great Car, too!

Please let us know how you like those deflectors. One of the awesome things about the Leaf is the quiet. I wonder if deflectors will give you anywhere near the same feeling.

Bob

Will do, thanks :)

Back