Purchasing used 2014 Leaf S Leaf Spy Numbers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

714JPP

I just came back from the dealer who's selling a really clean 2014 Leaf S with 10,000 miles and is selling for $12K.

I was allowed to connect the Leaf Spy app and was able to get a reading, however the juice on my phone went empty, the phone turned off and LeafSpy did not retain the numbers once I powered back on.

I do remember these numbers very clearly and wondering if anyone can translate if they are good or not.

220 GIDS
AHR 50
SOC 70% (not 100% sure) THis number I can't remember exactly, but the car showed 77 miles available @ 10 bars charged up.

The test drive was excellent, under the hood really clean except for a little bit of white dust on the large pan (have read this is normal). I like the fact that's only got 10,000 miles and has the QC. I would think the price pretty fair for the low mileage and what I believe appears to be decent Spy Leaf numbers.

Would appreciate your opinions on this.

You have the stats mixed up. AH should be a number, not a percent (it may be around 50 AH) and State of Health should be a percent. Without knowing how much range you need, we have no way of telling you if the car will work for you or not.

10 bars on a 2014 with 10k miles on it tells me that the 2013-2014 batteries aren't holding up that well in hot climates.

Thanks for chiming LeftieBiker!

Edited the AHr to a number not a percent, my bad on the technical aspect.

Please look at the numbers again, believe this is what it was.

Are you saying the battery is not holding up?

What does the graph with the blue blue lines represent? (inside leaf spy pro)

I want to say I saw one red in towards the right, plus 3 more over to the far end on the right side.

A 2014 with 10k miles should have 12 capacity bars, not 10. Are you sure you weren't reading the much larger "fuel" bars? The capacity bars are the little short ones next to the big fuel bars. As for LeafSpy, focus on the State of health (SOH) and the AH, not the cell voltages. SOH should be 95% or higher on a good 2014, and the AH should be near 60. The only way that 2014 S might work for you is if you have a short commute and won't need to drive more than 50 miles a day. Does it have the Quick Charge option, with two charging ports, or just one port?

Than you LeftieBiker for your imput.

When the dealer had fully charged the battery it showed 12 bars, he took a picture with the odometer reading. By the time I test drove it, the capacity bars had dropped to 10 bars and mileage odometer had been driver 30+ miles. So 2 bars lost, driven 30 miles.

I'm pretty sure when recharged to 100%, it shows the 12 bars, so the numbers below are at 10 bars but not fully charged.

The car is equipped with a quick charger and our commute is 25 miles roundtrip.

But LeftieBiker, with a 2014 with only 10K miles on it, I would still be in pretty good shape with the battery warranty correct?

Anyone know where I can more info on the basic warranty since this car still has a lot of it?

25 miles round trip?

Perfect car for you then. I have a similar commute right now. The leaf, even with a terribly sick battery, could do this for many, many years.

714JPP said:
Than you LeftieBiker for your imput.

When the dealer had fully charged the battery it showed 12 bars, he took a picture with the odometer reading. By the time I test drove it, the capacity bars had dropped to 10 bars and mileage odometer had been driver 30+ miles. So 2 bars lost, driven 30 miles.

I'm pretty sure when recharged to 100%, it shows the 12 bars, so the numbers below are at 10 bars but not fully charged.

The car is equipped with a quick charger and our commute is 25 miles roundtrip.

But LeftieBiker, with a 2014 with only 10K miles on it, I would still be in pretty good shape with the battery warranty correct?

Anyone know where I can more info on the basic warranty since this car still has a lot of it?

The capacity bars don't change with state of charge. You are looking at the fuel bars. Look at the much shorter lines right next to those!

Back