Must Plug In Before Turn Off Charging Timer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

With trial and error, I've finally realized that pushing the Charging Timer Off switch does nothing unless the car is connected to an EVSE. IOW, I wanted to push the button, then go to the charging station and plug, but it doesn't work that way.

Am I correct?

Not correct.

On my 2013 S I press the Timer Off button, then have 15 minutes (I believe that's what the manual says) before I have to plug in, and all is good.

I'm not sure what your problem might be...

PianoAl said:
....I wanted to push the button, then go to the charging station and plug, but it doesn't work that way.

Am I correct?
If you start the vehicle(or it's already ON) that is correct(override button doesn't work) if the vehicle is OFF you have 15 minutes to plug it in after pushing the button.

jjeff said:
If you start the vehicle(or it's already ON) that is correct(override button doesn't work) if the vehicle is OFF you have 15 minutes to plug it in after pushing the button.

Ah, thanks. That's what happened. It was on.

Newbies would benefit greatly if the LEAF used it's display to provide error messages in English. When I clicked that button when the car was on, absolutely nothing happened. Instead, the display should have read:

Error: You must turn off your LEAF before disabling timed charging.

I had a heck of a time the first time I used a public charging station because of this. Also, I didn't know whether the green electrical plug display meant it was charging or ready to charge. I only learned later that it was the latter, and blinking means charging. Yes, I read the manual, but ...

Rant over. Thanks for the help.

Back