I'm interested in buying a used leaf, either 2013 S or 2012 SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewsmith7312

So my overall commute to work will be less than 5 miles a day. I have a level 2 charging station about a few blocks away from the house. My question is concerning how often do you think the car would need to be charged? Do you think its necessary to get 240 volt outlet installed in the garage? I already have electricity out there I just don't know the voltage or anything. I think the leaf would be great since I commute such a short distance. Also are there any opinions on the the S model (21,000miles) vs SV (39,000)?

For 5 miles one way or 10 miles a day you could charge on 120V or 240V about once a week.

For 5 miles a day you could make that twice a month.

The charge time if you charge every few days would be so short even 120V would be fast enough to not matter.

If you look hard enough you can find a Leaf for about $6,000 and have a very cheap commute.

matthewsmith7312 said:
So my overall commute to work will be less than 5 miles a day. I have a level 2 charging station about a few blocks away from the house. My question is concerning how often do you think the car would need to be charged? Do you think its necessary to get 240 volt outlet installed in the garage? I already have electricity out there I just don't know the voltage or anything. I think the leaf would be great since I commute such a short distance. Also are there any opinions on the the S model (21,000miles) vs SV (39,000)?
I own both those vehicles and greatly prefer the '13 S, that said if cost is your most important feature or you really like "options" your probably going to like the '12 SL, either should fulfill your driving requirements. I doubt you'd need to worry about 240v, as long as you have a good(15a dedicated minimum, 20a preferred) 120v circuit.

Back