Charging to 80 Percent Without the Timer: Possible?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry4535

Recently, I asked a LEAF technician at my local Nissan dealership if it was possible to set up the LEAF to charge to 80 percent without using the charging timer. He said yes, but he didn't know what the procedure was off the top of his head. I thought with a little digging, I would find my answer in the owner's manual.

I have read the charging section of my 2012 LEAF owner's manual and have not found any button or menu setting to do this. Is it possible to set this up? If so, how do you do it?

Set a timer for midnight to midnight, on applicable days. You can specify 80% there. I learned this trick from another post here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=336053#p336053.

That's sort of "without" the timer. On the '13, they added another setting for "long life mode" that lets you go only to 80% w/o using any timers. And, with '14+ for the US, they removed ANY ability to charge only to 80%.

Back