Fog lamp wire harness on the Leaf S?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15LeafS

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Had my 2015 Leaf S for about 5 months now. I bought two OEM fog lamps and want to install it but can't locate the wire harness/connector. I took the splash guards off and looked everywhere but can't find it. Does anyone know if the S trim comes pre-wired?

Thanks!

A couple of photos of my Leaf:

for me to post my question here too. Apologies in advance if not. I've used "search" and "FAQ" but couldn't find an answer. I've also tried Google but no luck. Not sure if the Nissan Dealership service department can help but if nothing here, that's my next step.

Anyways, this is what I've posted in the newbie section:

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Had my 2015 Leaf S for about 5 months now. I bought two OEM fog lamps and want to install it but can't locate the wire harness/connector. I took the splash guards off and looked everywhere but can't find it. Does anyone know if the S trim comes pre-wired?

Thanks!

A couple of photos of my Leaf:

Any help from those that know is appreciated!

I don't know for certain but many vehicles that don't come with factory fogs, don't have the wiring harness to support it. Extra wires is extra cost.

2k1Toaster said:
I don't know for certain but many vehicles that don't come with factory fogs, don't have the wiring harness to support it. Extra wires is extra cost.

If the "fog" lights are an option on the S, it should have been easier for them to include at least some of the harness, although it may terminate in the engine compartment, with the final run being included with the option package...

Personally, I wouldn't bother. I had factory fog lights on my former leased '13 Leaf SV w/both packages. It didn't seem like they were that helpful in fog and it was rare in my area anyway.

I don't have them on my owned one and didn't really miss them.

LeftieBiker said:
2k1Toaster said:

If the "fog" lights are an option on the S, it should have been easier for them to include at least some of the harness, although it may terminate in the engine compartment, with the final run being included with the option package...

I don't think Nissan ever offered fog lights as a dealer-installed accessory or even a factory option on the Leaf S . They certainly didn't for the SV in 2012. They simply use the same bumper with covers over the openings to save money.

cwerdna said:
Personally, I wouldn't bother. I had factory fog lights on my former leased '13 Leaf SV w/both packages. It didn't seem like they were that helpful in fog and it was rare in my area anyway.

+1, they're not very useful, a little extra side light at best.

RonDawg said:
LeftieBiker said:
2k1Toaster said:

I don't think Nissan ever offered fog lights as a dealer-installed accessory or even a factory option on the Leaf S . They certainly didn't for the SV in 2012. They simply use the same bumper with covers over the openings to save money.

I think you are correct about Nissan not offering fog lights as an option on the S trim...Unless I receive an answer here, I will contact Nissan to confirm it. Thanks!

DNAinaGoodWay said:
cwerdna said:

+1, they're not very useful, a little extra side light at best.

Oh well, bought the parts (lights, brackets, clip, bolts) already so I'm going to install it even if I have to add aftermarket wire harnesses...Hopefully this weekend. At least it'll look better than the plastic covers. Thanks for the heads up though.

LeftieBiker said:
If there is a way to tint or film the lenses amber, that color is much more effective in fog than white lights.

That's what I heard too. Perhaps a project down the road...

@15LeafS did you ever figure out how to install them? I just ordered a set too. We got a screaming deal on our 2016 Leaf S so didn't get the souped up one but I agree the covers look weird. Whether or not the lights serve much purpose--I'm putting them on! I ordered a set that says it can be wired to an S. It comes with the relay, the harness, the switch and everything. Anyway wondering if you found out anything. Please share if you did. Thanks!

I cant think of a reason to have additional fog lights on a car. Maybe if you live in a deserted area where no one drives the other way. Those things only blind oncoming traffic.

I have fog lights on 3 of my other cars, and they are useless... I only use them as daytime running lights in addition to my headlights for being seen during the day....

Powersurge, I disagree with you. I find fog lights to be useful...in fog. Many people turn on their high beams in fog and think they're blind and can't drive. High beams will illuminate the fog and make you blind for driving. Fog lights are low to the ground so they tend to illuminate the road slightly more than the fog. I'm not sure the original asker was asking for opinions about the usefulness of fog lights or asking to be talked out of installing them. I think they were asking for how to information. If anyone else wants to post how tos that would be most welcome. :D

soohum said:
@15LeafS did you ever figure out how to install them? I just ordered a set too. We got a screaming deal on our 2016 Leaf S so didn't get the souped up one but I agree the covers look weird. Whether or not the lights serve much purpose--I'm putting them on! I ordered a set that says it can be wired to an S. It comes with the relay, the harness, the switch and everything. Anyway wondering if you found out anything. Please share if you did. Thanks!

Please update us on your install. Was there a harness going to the blanked over fog light holes on your 2016 S?

What set did you buy? Links, info, pictures, please?

RRLeafEV said:
soohum said:

Please update us on your install. Was there a harness going to the blanked over fog light holes on your 2016 S?

What set did you buy? Links, info, pictures, please?

soohum said:

Sorry, haven't been to this site in a while. I've never install the lights because there's no pre-wired OEM plugs...If you guys installed yours, please share, Thanks!

Back