Decoding Door Sticker for Battery Manufacture Date

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget619

I have photos of the door stickers from a Leaf, however, I am unable to determine vehicle manufacture date and battery manufacture date. Can someone please help me to learn how to read/decode the info? I searched for a thread with a "how to" put did not find anything. Thanks in advance for helping out this newbie.

The vehicle is a 2015 Leaf SL as my example vehicle. Two Photos are on Google Drive and can be viewed at the following links as I am not sure which sticker contains the necessary info:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Qp7cy6vRbIN0kxcVczV1pwQnZSYVBnZm1VeUVScHdFaGpz/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Qp7cy6vRbIU1lUWUNkemRBQ0xfZ05TNkpYYnlJdGJPc01R/view?usp=sharing

Neither of those stickers have the information you are looking for. The only manufacture date you will find is for the entire car. Manufacture date for individual components many or many not be found on that component.

I opened the driver door and saw the two stickers on the vehicle support frame column. Is there a different location where I need to be looking? Thanks!

kolmstead said:
Neither. There ought to be another sticker containing manufacturing and gross vehicle weight info. Can't believe that it isn't there; it contains a bunch of regulatory information.

-Karl

Where exactly should I be looking on the car?

OrientExpress said:
Neither of those stickers have the information you are looking for. The only manufacture date you will find is for the entire car. Manufacture date for individual components many or many not be found on that component.

Gadget619 said:

OrientExpress said:

Lower right

4b0602b2a120c1bc05b803b967c99cd8_zpsnoqhnorb.jpg

562f2cfc760ba539b48bca9e109ef306_zpscha9tk6p.jpg

Thank you! Besides the date on the sticker is there any other information that is important to know when evaluating a purchase?

Flyct said:
Gadget619 said:

OrientExpress said:

Lower right

4b0602b2a120c1bc05b803b967c99cd8_zpsnoqhnorb.jpg

562f2cfc760ba539b48bca9e109ef306_zpscha9tk6p.jpg

Gadget619 said:
Thank you! Besides the date on the sticker is there any other information that is important to know when evaluating a purchase?

Yes. Battery state of degradation. The only way to validate the traction battery is with an app called LeafSpy. It's available for either an android app or an iPhone app.

You will need a smart phone or iPad and a compatible OBDII dongle to plug into the cars OBDII port under the lower left side of the driver dash.

It will give you a SOH "State of Health" percentage.

Read up on LeafSpy on the forum here.

I purchased the OBDII dongle and LeafSpy Pro. I look for a tutorial on LeafSpy and there are too many results on the search. Any links to a good post in the forum that covers the basics of how to hook up the device and read the data? Thanks!

Flyct said:
Gadget619 said:

Yes. Battery state of degradation. The only way to validate the traction battery is with an app called LeafSpy. It's available for either an android app or an iPhone app.

You will need a smart phone or iPad and a compatible OBDII dongle to plug into the cars OBDII port under the lower left side of the driver dash.

It will give you a SOH "State of Health" percentage.

Read up on LeafSpy on the forum here.

If you are looking at 2013 Leafs as well I suggest you avoid those built before April of 2013. The January through March builds seem to be suffering higher capacity loss.

Back