Transporting Leaf from Northern Cal to Southern Cal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OurLeaf12

I'm in the market to lease another Leaf. Northern Cal offers much better lease deals than Southern Cal. Has any ever purchased or leased a new car from Northern Cal and had it transported to Southern Cal? About how much would it cost? Do I have to fly up to do the paperwork? Any tips would help. Thanks!

OurLeaf12 said:
I'm in the market to lease another Leaf. Northern Cal offers much better lease deals than Southern Cal. Has any ever purchased or leased a new car from Northern Cal and had it transported to Southern Cal? About how much would it cost? Do I have to fly up to do the paperwork? Any tips would help. Thanks!
I paid $350 to have my used LEAF brought to Phoenix from Yorba Linda, by Magnus Karlsson. His company is California Vehicle Transport. (714) 425-1574. His email is [email protected]

He told me he regularly makes runs to No. Cal, and to Phoenix, from his base in So. Cal.

He is a great guy. Very trustworthy. Insured, etc.

I rented a car dolly from U-Haul for $55 and drove from Bakersfield to Dublin Nissan and back. I towed with my Chevy Suburban.

I think my carbon debits were cancelled out by my carbon credits! I'm sure it looked funny to have a Suburban towing a Leaf, but on the upside my Leaf got over 300 miles on a single charge!! LOL!!

The Dublin deal in late July was $10,000 in total dealer discounts, then the Federal, State and Local credits and rebates were on top of that. Definitely worth the drive.

I rented a Uhaul car hauler ($10 more than a dolly, but you have to buy magnetic light set for ~$30 for dolly, so dolly is actually more expensive) and hauled the Leaf home about 150 miles. My 1/2 ton Nissan Titan handled it with no problem.

Back