Several newbee questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyct

Leaf Supporting Member
I apologize up front, but while my searches answered most questions, I was unable to find the answers to the questions below.

Nissan EV App questions
1. How do I change time zone. Time now reads 5 hours off
2. How do I set up so it sends me text alerts?
3. How do I configure the car charge timer and/or app to only start a charge when App starts, rather than immediately when cord is connected?

4. Is it possible to limit charge to 80% percent on a 2015 Leaf? Is it even necessary with 2015 model year battery?

5. What is the forum user recommended brand/model WIFI OBDII dongle for use with Leaf Spy?

6. Is there a listing of abbreviations i.e. BOV, SOH etc.

4. Is it possible to limit charge to 80% percent on a 2015 Leaf? Is it even necessary with 2015 model year battery?

There is no way to tell the car to do so. You'd have to estimate charge time manually, or use a charging station with its own timer. It isn't necessary to avoid 100% charge as much as in the past, but I'd still advise against leaving it at 100% for periods longer than, say, six hours, especially in hot weather.

LeftieBiker said:
I'd still advise against leaving it at 100% for periods longer than, say, six hours, especially in hot weather.
Per the 2015 owner's manual, I don't even stress about the 100% charging. I get home, I plug in. Done. Over the last year in the Dallas heat, I've lost 4% capacity according to LeafSpy.

aarond12 said:
LeftieBiker said:
I'd still advise against leaving it at 100% for periods longer than, say, six hours, especially in hot weather.
Per the 2015 owner's manual, I don't even stress about the 100% charging. I get home, I plug in. Done. Over the last year in the Dallas heat, I've lost 4% capacity according to LeafSpy.

The owner's manual isn't always the best source for info of this kind. I doubt the manual for the 2011-2012 Leaf says anything at all about degradation. And 4% annual loss, for 10 years, is 40%...

LeftieBiker said:
The owner's manual isn't always the best source for info of this kind.
Maybe not. Just letting you know what the 2015 owner's manual says. As always, YMMV. Even at 40% loss, I can make it to and from work. :)

Back