Is there an issue with the version of my nav software?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjghost3

Newbie with a 2013 SV. I bought my Leaf used a few weeks ago. The dealer had to replace the SD card in the head unit because it was missing before selling me the car. Since then, I've noticed that the voice recognition instructions (page 4-51, in the manual) don't match up with the actual software on the car at all. The menus and lists of commands are both wrong. For example, it says you can cancel out of the voice recognition menu by saying "Cancel" or "Quit" or "Help" for a help menu. None of these option actually exist. Also, the menus it says I should see are different from what the screens show. It wouldn't be the first set of inaccurate instructions I've seen, but I just want to be sure there isn't a larger issue. Is this normal, or did I receive the wrong SD card? :?

TomT said:
Sorry, no, it does not.

Martyans said:
SD CARD contains not only navigation data, but it also contains big part of the software.

I don't want to quarrel, but sure it does. Have you ever examined what is inside? I assume not.
There is most of the software, that's why navi doesn't work without card. Internal flash of navi unit is too small to hold all necessary software.

Back