Is charge time / KWh the same for new and old batteries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowayDon

I purchased a used 2012 that now has 10 Capacity Bars remaining. When I charge it to 100%, will it take the same amount of time or KWh's as a new one. (Assuming Scotty or Spock found one thanks to some time warp continuum) or does the charge time reduce along with the capacity bars.

This is correct for L2. Quick Charge takes about the same amount of time because it ramps down the power sooner.

TomT said:
The charge time will drop in relative proportion to the loss of battery capacity...

Yes, I assumed he was referring to L2...

Just before my battery was replaced, it was to the point that a QC would start out already severely ramped down...

91040 said:
This is correct for L2. Quick Charge takes about the same amount of time because it ramps down the power sooner.
TomT said:
The charge time will drop in relative proportion to the loss of battery capacity...

Yes, I was referring to L2 home charging since that is where most of my charging occurs and very happy with replies. Thanks!
It is interesting that Quick Charging is a different beast. Good to know.

Back