Do all 2013 Sv's have back-up cameras?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggorylane

I test drove a car that I believe to be an SV but there does not appear to be a back-up camera. When the car was in reverse nothing happened on the screen and upon quick inspection of the tailgate I did not see a camera.

The rare "Base" SV doesn't have the Premium Package with Bose Stereo and Around View cameras. I think that at least some of these Base SVs do lack the backup camera as well, but I'm not certain. If the car has a Bose stereo, though, the camera(s) will be there. The rear one is located in the license plate holder area. The side cameras are on the bottoms of the mirrors, and the front one on the bottom of the Nissan emblem.

Greggorylane said:
I test drove a car that I believe to be an SV but there does not appear to be a back-up camera. When the car was in reverse nothing happened on the screen and upon quick inspection of the tailgate I did not see a camera.

As LeftieBiker said, "If the car has a Bose stereo, [...] the camera(s) will be there". For the 2013 SV trim specifically, there were no vehicles delivered in the US with just the normal rear view camera. It's either no camera, or AroundView camera, and the only way on the 2013 SV to get that AroundView camera is the premium package that includes both the BOSE stereo system, and the AroundView camera. AroundView has 4 cameras on the car, while the regular RearView would be just one camera in the back. This applies to the 2013 model year only; starting 2014 model year, in the US all Leafs have at least the RearView camera, or possibly even AroundView instead when the corresponding trim level or option was selected.

Thank you everyone. The car does not have the Bose. I thought something was strange about the missing camera. Thank you for clarifying it.

To back up what's already been said, I just purchased a 2013 SV - no Bose, no cameras.

I understand that the back up camera can be added along with 2 wiring harnesses.

Here is the link.Kit

Ben

Back