Newbie question about the Fed tax credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you leased it, Nissan will receive the Federal tax credit (since they own the car). However, nice guys that they are, you probably (should have) received the $7,500 from Nissan in your lease as a credit that ultimately lowered your payments...

So unless you purchased the car yourself, you won't be eligible to claim that credit on your own tax credit. There are other incentives and rebates, however, depending on where you live...

Randy said:
Since you leased it, Nissan will receive the Federal tax credit (since they own the car). However, nice guys that they are, you probably (should have) received the $7,500 from Nissan in your lease as a credit that ultimately lowered your payments...

So unless you purchased the car yourself, you won't be eligible to claim that credit on your own tax credit. There are other incentives and rebates, however, depending on where you live...

Thanks for the clarification Yes the state of TX gives me $1875 back and by playing 2 dealerships against each other I got a decent lease rate of $217 a month for 36 mos... $2500 Dn minus the rebate =$625 net down

If you got that lease rate, you almost certainly got the $7500 Federal tax credit rolled into the lease, and perhaps more. On my car, Nissan threw in over $10k towards the deal, to include the $7500 Federal tax credit.

Back