Looking for a charge port cover assembly.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snyder

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help trying to figure out the right part number for the charge cover port that my Leaf is missing.

The following is an image of my Leaf, where you can obviously see the missing cover.
http://tinypic.com/r/2ut484i/8

My closest guess would have to be part number 65730-3NA5B, judging by the Nissan website:
http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/Page...ectionNo=J&ComponentsNo=650&PageName=650_A002
Although, its really hard to know if this is really what I need without having any pictures. Plus I don't know if the part comes with the DC charging port covered up (which I need).

I'm hoping some of you have experience in this.

Thanks.

snyder said:
My closest guess would have to be part number 65730-3NA5B, judging by the Nissan website:
http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/Page...ectionNo=J&ComponentsNo=650&PageName=650_A002
Although, its really hard to know if this is really what I need without having any pictures. Plus I don't know if the part comes with the DC charging port covered up (which I need).

I don't have specific experience regarding your part, but I have suffered through many other Nissan parts diagrams. A quick look at my 2014 S shows a molded plastic insert with both the QC and J1772 snap covers. Looking at the Nissan diagram leads me to believe that part #65730 may come with open holes where the snap covers would be, putting you back to square one.

I hope some other Leafer may have already gone through this and can tell whether the part includes the snap covers. If I were forced to make a bet, I might assume that they are included, since I haven't been able to find them listed separately.

ishiyakazuo said:
So (just to provide info for those who may be able to help), you have an S without the QC option, and somehow it doesn't have the cover on it?
If this is the case I would just go to H. Depot and purchase a pvc 4" cover and screw it on.

ElectricEddy said:
ishiyakazuo said:
So (just to provide info for those who may be able to help), you have an S without the QC option, and somehow it doesn't have the cover on it?
If this is the case I would just go to H. Depot and purchase a pvc 4" cover and screw it on.
That was also my inclination to suggest (or a 3D printed part, etc.)

Snyder,

Nissan does not make it easy to determine the exact part number from their web site. It looks like you have picked the correct general item for the missing plastic charge port liner but you may need to check with a dealer to make sure you order the exact one for you car. I could not tell if there is a separate blank cover where the DCQC port would be or if the proper liner piece covers that opening. In any case, you will also need the plastic fasteners that hold the liner in place. You can either get them from Nissan or you can buy generic ones from some larger auto supply or hardware stores.

Gerry

Back