Hi All Leaf Question Model S Pre-Conditioning

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafAlpha

I just bought my new leaf 2015 Model S!! Definitely love it and feel that the whole point of this car is to get it as cheap as possible, so I went with the model S. But, now I'm learning about Carwings and other useful benefits like per-conditioning of the SL and other models during winter times. I've searched a lot of blogs and saw that people say you can pre-heat your Model S somehow, but nobody has ever explained it to the "T". Does anyone here have a Model S, and uses the timer option to pre-heat your leaf before work?

I found this:

On models with a touch-screen centre console, timer departure is accessible from the CARWINGS menu. On cars with just a basic radio unit, the timer is set from the quadrant of buttons to the left of the steering wheel (right of the wheel on RHD cars)

on this website link - https://transportevolved.com/2015/02/04/how-to-preheat-your-ev-this-winter/
, yes it talks about the carwings but it does say that it is possile on the Model S. Can you confirm?

From the 2015 LEAF manual, pages 4-14 to 4-17, this is how the S model CC timer is used:

17043300961_8620cffa43_z.jpg

17018130876_de7d3ae843_z.jpg

16423988153_42059413f0_z.jpg

In short, you set it in a similar fashion to the charge timer. I presume that it is end-time-only, as is the case with the charge timer.

Please be aware that the "On, Off" stuff on page 4-16 is likely the toggle that turns the timer on or off; in addition to setting the time of day and days of the week, one also must turn the timer on. You can also turn it off and leave the settings unchanged for future use. This is something that newcomers to the LEAF sometimes have difficulty with, which is why I mention it.

Back