Car sluggish after service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strombo1

I took my car in for some minor climate control issues. The problems were intermittent, so of course the dealer couldn't find anything. However, since leaving the dealership the car has been very sluggish. This morning I got on the highway, put it in Eco, and had to floor it to get up to 65. When it's not in Eco I also feel the difference. And pushing it of course uses a lot of range.

Any ideas what they might have screwed up? I don't fully trust they know the Leaf thoroughly and would like to give them some ideas of what to check.

TIA!!!

Parking brake - great thought - what a nice easy fix that would be! And totally possible - I live in Flatland, USA so I never even think about the parking brake.

But no. Just went out to the car to start it up, and no idiot light. Put the brake on, pushed it back off. Light went on, went back off. Dashboard looks like it always does. :|

Nubo said:
How many "bubbles" of power is it showing when you're cruising at 65mph on a level road?

Nubo, I will check on my way home - I remember it was using more bubbles, but didn't pay too much attention.

FWIW, I drive in B mode, although that's never affected the power before. Usually I turn Eco off when I'm on side streets, and it still seems slow. Then turn it on for highway driving and I have to floor the pedal to build up speed.

Sure sounds like the brakes are stuck on somehow.
After driving it, feel each of the wheels and see if one of them seems way too hot compared to the others.

The safest thing to do would be to just take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. ;)

You were right. There was no brake light on, but I pushed the parking brake on and then off. Must have been stuck somehow.

Drives like a dream. :lol:

Thank you all for saving me a service trip!

Went through a car wash this winter, stopped at a store, and when I went to leave, the parking brake shoes were frozen up. They broke free with a clunk when I started to move. I kind of miss the old electronic brake.

Back