Warranty Question on pre-owned 2013 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baustin

I'm looking at purchasing a 2013 Leaf. It was a personal lease vehicle. The CarFax report shows the original dealer put it out for sale as a Certified Pre-Owned with a 7yr/100k warranty. Another dealer purchased it from the original dealer and put it out for sale three weeks later. [A web site check of the original dealer inventory shows ~180 new Leafs and 0 used]

While at my local Nissan dealer this morning, I had the service guy run a warranty check on the car. Other than the original factory warranty items, they only showed an expired extended warranty purchased with the original vehicle lease. Would I have had to purchase the vehicle from the original dealer to get the 7yr/100k warranty shown by CarFax, or is there a problem in the Nissan warranty system?

Thanks,
Bill

baustin said:
I'm looking at purchasing a 2013 Leaf. It was a personal lease vehicle. The CarFax report shows the original dealer put it out for sale as a Certified Pre-Owned with a 7yr/100k warranty. Another dealer purchased it from the original dealer and put it out for sale three weeks later. [A web site check of the original dealer inventory shows ~180 new Leafs and 0 used]

While at my local Nissan dealer this morning, I had the service guy run a warranty check on the car. Other than the original factory warranty items, they only showed an expired extended warranty purchased with the original vehicle lease. Would I have had to purchase the vehicle from the original dealer to get the 7yr/100k warranty shown by CarFax, or is there a problem in the Nissan warranty system?

Thanks,
Bill

That's a good question. I don't know. I bought a warranty with my 2015 and I was told that the extended warranty does transfer to the new owner, so I would assume that it would. Not sure why the extended warranty would expire at less than 2 years later. My best advice for you on buying a used leaf would be buy yourself a wifi or bluetooth reader and the associated app leafspy or leafstat to test the battery. You want to make sure that you are getting a car with a healthy battery.

Back