Dealership told me basic floor mats don't come w/ my Leaf?!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairereeve

Hi all! I just leased at 2015 Leaf two days ago.
The sales guy ramroded me into taking the car without any floor mats! Not even cheap, basic mats!

He claimed it was one of the reasons they could offer low prices for the car. I discussed this with him quite a bit and couldn't get him to budge on the matter.

Is this normal? It seems wrong to me.

I have to take the car back for a leather install soon (which also doesn't make me eligible for free, basic mats). Also, the sales guy practically begged me for an all 10 customer review (which I have not done yet).

Should I fight this matter more when I go back to the dealership in the next few days?

Help. Thanks!

No, basic mats do not come with the LEAF. Sorry.

But nobody forced you to take the deal where you bought. You could have walked away and found another dealership that maybe would have given you free mats as part of the deal. I remember the passenger compartment mats being around $100 a set when I bought my car, so not a lot of money to secure a sale.

I looked over the Leaf specs, and even my window sticker, and mats seem to be an option.
On the web site, under options, The mats are a $180 Option.

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/versions-specs/version.sl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I ordered weather tech mats, and am very happy with them.

Seems kinda nickle and dime.... like "Optional Gas Cap" or "Optional 4th tire"

Clairereeve said:
I have to take the car back for a leather install soon (which also doesn't make me eligible for free, basic mats). ...
Which model did you buy and where are you located?
As others stated floor mats are an option.
They are available through the dealers.

But leather is standard on the SL model in black.
S and SV come with cloth.
First I have read of a dealer doing leather install on S or SV.
If they are doing that, very unlikely it is a Nissan authorized service.

More likely an aftermarket service the dealer is selling.
Be careful.
No telling how good or bad it will be :shock:

Clairereeve said:
Should I fight this matter more when I go back to the dealership in the next few days?

Help. Thanks!

Sounds like you already signed. What's to fight? Get some better-than-OEM aftermarket mats and you'll feel better. :p

Wow! Thanks everyone for all the great responses.

I'm so happy to now be a part of a great community with people such as you willing to take the time to share knowledge!

Yes, I guess I got swindled out of the mats BUT I looked into some nice all-weather ones (similar to the $300 set the sales guy was trying to get me to buy) and they're under $100!

As far as the leather is concerned. I live in Atlanta, GA and the dealership is going to do the leather install. Since I'm leasing the vehicle, I don't think I'm too concerned about the quality of the leather job—as long as I have leather for a couple years.

May be posting more questions soon as I'm a newbie... :)

Clairereeve said:
Yes, I guess I got swindled out of the mats BUT I looked into some nice all-weather ones (similar to the $300 set the sales guy was trying to get me to buy) and they're under $100!
Welcome to the group. I'm pretty new here too.

I'm not trying to be pro-dealer here, but words do matter. I think its unfair and inaccurate for you to say you were "swindled." Sounds like the salesman was honest with you about what you would get for the price you paid. Some dealers have been know to be dishonest with their customers, this does not sound to me like one of those time. I hope you enjoy your new car. I am really enjoying mine and am grateful to the community members here who collectively offer a lot of useful information to new owners like me.

My Mercedes Benz B Class came with mats. How much of the $48650 list was spent on them? On my Leaf SL I paid for the mats. They were listed option.

Clairereeve said:
.. I live in Atlanta, GA and the dealership is going to do the leather install. Since I'm leasing the vehicle, I don't think I'm too concerned about the quality of the leather job—as long as I have leather for a couple years.
Bit unusual to install leather on a lease.
I have not read of anyone else doing that.

Not sure if it presents any issues when you turn in the lease.
Probably not if well done.
But it is a significant change from the cloth in an S or SV.

I had ordered my 2011 LEAF with no floor mats to save that money.
I bought some generic aftermarket ones instead.

I bought a SV in November. It came with mats as an extra cost option - floor mats and cargo mat.

You really didn't miss much - they're not that good.

I'll probably end up replacing at least the front mats with all weather mats.

Nhinman said:
I bought a SV in November. It came with mats as an extra cost option - floor mats and cargo mat.

You really didn't miss much - they're not that good.

I'll probably end up replacing at least the front mats with all weather mats.

I don't have a problem with the factory floor mats. They've worn well over the last 2 years and they're certainly more sturdy than the ridiculously thin "spray-on" carpet that Nissan used.

RonDawg said:
I don't have a problem with the factory floor mats. They've worn well over the last 2 years and they're certainly more sturdy than the ridiculously thin "spray-on" carpet that Nissan used.

+1. The LEAF is a car where you absolutely MUST have something more substantial than the car's carpeting, because that stuff will wear horribly with direct contact.

KillaWhat said:
I looked over the Leaf specs, and even my window sticker, and mats seem to be an option.
On the web site, under options, The mats are a $180 Option.

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/versions-specs/version.sl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I ordered weather tech mats, and am very happy with them.

Seems kinda nickle and dime.... like "Optional Gas Cap" or "Optional 4th tire"

Shortly after getting my 2014 Leaf I bought WeatherTech FloorLiners for the front driver and passenger. I did get carpet floor mats when I got my Leaf, but theses wouldn't have held up once winter rolled around. The WeatherTech FloorLiners have protected my interior. They've already proven to be well worth the money.

For those who live in areas with snow or mud — I have both: I live on a dirt road in snow country — the Nissan OEM rubber mats work well, part number 999E48Z000. Cost is about $80-$90 for the set of four. Some have said that they don't like the back seat mats much because they don't cover the "hump", but I rarely carry passengers in the back seat. The front mats are terrific for wet or muddy shoes and can be hosed off as needed. Although they aren't decorative, I find these mats a lot more practical than any cloth or carpet style mats. I'm into my fourth winter using them.

You ought to be able to order them from any Nissan dealer or get them online from places like these:
http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanparts/index.cfm?siteid=14&action=accessories&itemid=411532&catalogid=211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nissanpartszone.com/parts/nissan-molded-floor-pr~999e4-8z000.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FWIW.

Back