Include part of a previous message in a new message.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boba

It must be obvious as many posters include quotes from previous messages in a particular series that show up with a white background. I have not been able to do it. Will someone please tell me how?

boba said:
It must be obvious as many posters include quotes from previous messages in a particular series that show up with a white background. I have not been able to do it. Will someone please tell me how?
When replying to a message, click on the 'Quote' button, lower right, instead of the 'Post Reply' button, bottom left.

If you want to quote part of a message, copy and paste that text into the new one. Then highlight what you want quoted, and, with it still highlighted, select "quote" from the composition options. You can do this in any part of the new message, not just at the top. Like this.

Will someone please tell me how?

Hopefully that is clear enough.

If you want to quote part of a message, copy and paste that text into the new one. Then highlight what you want quoted, and, with it still highlighted, select "quote" from the composition options. You can do this in any part of the new message, not just at the top. Like this.

Still not doing it right. Maybe I don't understand "into the new one". Here is what I did:
Copied the above from the original
Clicked "post reply"
Pasted the copy
Highlighted the copy
Clicked Quote

LeftieBiker said:
You're welcome. You can also attribute the quote, but since I don't bother with that I'll let someone else explain how.
Well, quoting was explained two different ways up there. If you use the other method (the quote button), it will insert the poster's name for you. And when you look at the results, it will be apparent how the name gets put in.

Also note the "Preview" button, which lets you see how the page changes when it's posted (but before it's posted).

Back