Unlock button lights not working?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I frequently drive at night and often times when I park I want to let a passenger out but the doors are locked. I stumble to find the electronic unlock button every time because unlike most of the other buttons they are not illuminated (orange light under button). Is this normal?

Everytime i try to unlock the door at night I always hit the window lock button instead. I really hope its just a fuse or light is out or something. If not that is terrible design :(

Anybody know of a way to move the light from the other buttons to the unlock button? Or maybe some other aftermarket mod? The button even has clear spots for light to go through. I can't imagine it would be that hard to setup something that would work.

I guess with time I'll be able to remember where the button is.

What I did was get the LEAF Spy application and change the unlock feature to "mode 2". This unlocks the doors when the car is put into Park.

aarond12 said:
What I did was get the LEAF Spy application and change the unlock feature to "mode 2". This unlocks the doors when the car is put into Park.
I really like having this feature set this way on mine. I do wish that it would also unlock when you shut the LEAF off in addition to when you go to park, but alas it does not. Its one or the other - but not both.

Going direct to shut off is an old habit I learned in my Prius. Now something I need to unlearn

Back