Carwings... won't connect for last couple of days

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inara220

I keep getting error messages when I try to "update" like network connection lost... etc.

This app leaves a lot to be desired.

Do I have to do something in my car to reconnect it or set it up again somehow?

I mostly use the app to check where the battery is at while charging it when I'm at work. But it has been extremely cold lately and there are a few times where I would like to turn on climate control. (if I have it, I want to use it!!!!)

Inara220 said:
I keep getting error messages when I try to "update" like network connection lost... etc.

Do I have to do something in my car to reconnect it or set it up again somehow?

I mostly use the app to check where the battery is at while charging it when I'm at work. But it has been extremely cold lately and there are a few times where I would like to turn on climate control. (if I have it, I want to use it!!!!)

Are you on an iPhone? I have noticed since the IOS 8 update that the connectivity of the app has been much worse, but no update.
Inara220 said:

epirali said:
Are you on an iPhone? I have noticed since the IOS 8 update that the connectivity of the app has been much worse, but no update.
Inara220 said:

Rock solid for me this week on iOS 7, so I'd be inclined to agree on iOS 8 being the problem. Or perhaps the interaction between the app and iOS 8, which could be either's fault. This is why I'm disinclined to update software without there being a compelling reason.

Yesterday, and early today I've had all sorts of problems connecting to carwings both on leaflink and on the web site. As of 3pm eastern time today it seems to be working properly again. YMMV

Yes I'm on an iphone... I usually wait quite a while before upgrading OS... but I am probably on 8.

It started working again yesterday... go figure.

I found mine doesn't work when the car is in a parking structure. As awesome as the LEAF is, CarWings technology seems to be a decade old.

EVFuture said:
As awesome as the LEAF is, CarWings technology seems to be a decade old.

That's because it is. It runs off AT&T 2G signals (in the US anyway). I've found mine pretty worthless. I'd say on average it takes 2 minutes to get an update or request climate control. It works 60% of the time.

To make matters worse AT&T are upgrading/discontinuing 2g towers so eventually it work work at all. I think for how little information it needs to send/receive it should only take at most 10 seconds to send/receive. All it needs to be is a simple code like 100c=100% charge with climate control on etc.

Back