Thud noise from under the car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ybiyani

Yesterday, when driving my leaf, I heard a thud kind of noise under my car, like I hit a rock or something big. Should I be worried about damages?

derkraut said:
Better take a look under there; it could be a body. I ran over a big dog once----and it made a "thud' noise. :lol:

Sadly my first thought was "Cat?" when I read the title...

OP - a "thud" doesn't really describe much to me. IF it was a very violent sound that you felt I would probably take a look to see if anything obvious was wrong - if the car drives fine and nothing else seems amiss perhaps ask whoever does your tire rotations (assuming they put it on a lift) to take a look to see if anything is messed up.

ybiyani said:
Yesterday, when driving my leaf, I heard a thud kind of noise under my car, like I hit a rock or something big. Should I be worried about damages?
Was it just after you began driving after turning on the car? The ABS system does a little check that makes a noise as you get up to a few mph.

Nubo said:
ybiyani said:
Was it just after you began driving after turning on the car? The ABS system does a little check that makes a noise as you get up to a few mph.
+1
Sometimes it's audible and sometimes it's not.

Thuds usually don't cause any damage. it were a screeech or a grrrrkathunk ka thunk ka thunk, I'd be worried. You'll probably be OK.

Back