Taking my Leaf thrugh a car wash

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
set it in N and do not shut the car off. it will put itself back in park and the wash rail could damage something. already had it happen the first time I tried.

I'm used to putting my ICE car in N and shutting it off to save gas, that's why.

Also remember to set the climate control to Recirculate, even if you aren't using it. The higher air pressure outside the car will try to drive detergent fumes into the car.

Good things to point out. Glad I hit this thread.

Wanted to ask about the rearview camera. Seems the back window (and camera) is a magnet for all the Winter grime flying up off the road. How would you suggest cleaning the camera lens? Worried about scratching it with all of the grit that is making it difficult to use.

kikngas said:
Good things to point out. Glad I hit this thread.

Wanted to ask about the rearview camera. Seems the back window (and camera) is a magnet for all the Winter grime flying up off the road. How would you suggest cleaning the camera lens? Worried about scratching it with all of the grit that is making it difficult to use.

Just wipe it off with your thumb or jacket. I haven't seen anything scratch it in 2 winters yet.

If you want to clean it cautiously, just rinse it first with warm water (or warm soapy water then warm clean water if it's actually dirty), then use lens paper for eyeglasses to dry it. These cameras aren't really high resolution so you have to make a big scratch for it to show. They are, however, wonderful compared to the terrible rear view camera that comes with the Prius.

Moof said:
FYI, to set it in neutral you have to hold the shifter in the N position for a couple seconds.
Correct.
Watch the attendant closely.
Immediately hold shifter in Neutral when they give you the sign.
The two seconds is a fairly long delay compared to a typical ICE shifting into Neutral.
Depending on how careful the attendant is on the timing of giving you the sign it may not get into Neutral quickly enough and they may have to go through process again.

This is one instance in which the built in creep is highly undesireable. Would be much easier process if you could turn it off.

And you are supposed to have foot off the brake. But if it is a busy time and they're trying to space them too close, if they mess up you might have to brake to not hit the car in front.

Back