cycle carrier

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavinthain

Hi,
I need a cycle carrier to transport my kids bikes who are ages 3 and 5.
I was thinking about the Exodus Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier, as it got generally good reviews, however some articles including the Thule Fit Guide recommend not fitting a tailgate bike carrier, rather roof bars.

Looking at roof bars, I can see the Thule:
Thule Rapid System 754
Thule WingBar 969
Kit 1633

And for the bikes
Thule FreeRide 532

I'm really confused.

What works for you guys with similar challenge?

Thanks

Gavin

I have a rear-mount carrier that worked great on other cars but on the LEAF it just didn't fit - either it pressed against the window or it cause the rear hatch metal to bow inwards. I then looked up the bike carrier's guides for cars and there is no recommended rear-mount carrier for the LEAF.

I would avoid a roof mount if you have any distance to go as the wind resistance will really reduce the LEAF's range. Some people on this forum have set up hitch-mounts and that's what I'd recommend.

Thanks. That's useful info.
I don't know anything about hitches. I guess they're similar to a tow bar? If so that sound like it will add permanent weight to the car?
No easy solution.

I love my leaf but long for a larger boot!

Check this link for the forum postings about the bike/cargo hitch. I got mine and with a friend got it installed in less than 30 minutes.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back