Foggy windows

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally

Anyone have windows fogging up when using the remote OR timer function to turn on the climate control? I notice it comes on with the recirculation setting when I would think it should be the fresh air setting. Can't seem to change it.

Wally said:
Anyone have windows fogging up when using the remote OR timer function to turn on the climate control? I notice it comes on with the recirculation setting when I would think it should be the fresh air setting. Can't seem to change it.
Preheating/Precooling does use recirculate and it can't be changed; this is to conserve energy. If there is a lot of moisture in the car and it is cold outside you will fog up the windows. But a minute or two on defrost should clear it up.

If you have problems with fogging, you might want to dry out the car by leaving the windows open when parked in a garage, assuming it isn't as humid as the inside of the car.

Pick up some Rain-X anti-fog wipes.

1) Clean the inside of you windshield.
2) Apply Rain-X anti-fog wipes.
3) Get a fresh wipe and squeeze out as much of the solution from the wipe as possible, then buff out the smeary film your previous application left behind.

This stuff has horrible reviews because people apply it wrong and then complain- but I'm amazed at the product. It really works well.

D'you think any auto window manufacturers would ever be tempted to make an after-market heated window for Leaf?

not a fan of pre heating but did do it a few times. what I did is leave windows cracked a few inches. Also not a bad idea to bake the car. plug it in, turn it on and set the heat to high and let it run for 30 minutes. this does a good job of drying the interior

Back