Hello all. Closed deal on 2011 Leaf. Any advice welcomed.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantumorbit

11k miles, SL, in good condition, will export out of US.

Have been reading this Forum for a few months, learning a lot about this amazing car. I now know car wings won't work outside US, nobody has posted a way for an international SIM card to work. Need the SD for display and other controls to work, etc...

I'm happy about finally buying an EV and look forward into becoming an active member of this forum.

The most difficult decision was to choose between a Volt and Leaf. There's zero charging stations in Honduras, were I'm taking this car

Any advice, comments will be appreciated

I hope you have Nissan dealers in your part of Honduras. Your car should be trouble free and need zero maintenance for a long time, except for tires and perhaps a brake fluid replacement. However, if anything does go wrong, a normal mechanic will probably be clueless.

Bob

There's a dealer but the Leaf is not sold here and therefore they don't support it. A risk I'm well aware of and willing to take. That's why I went for the Leaf instead of the Volt, it's way simpler and more reliable don't you think?. I believe Nissan to be behind their EV more than Chevy. Carlos Ghosn personally backs the Leaf a lot, it's obvios he's a true believer, can't say the same about GM.

Probably an electrical engineer is more knowledgeable than a traditional mechanic for the Leaf.

I like cars and own 2 old Mercedes 85 200 W124 and 89 560SEL W126 that require a lot of patience, troubleshooting and parts hunting.

Back