Just purchased my 2011 Leaf SL!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenx7

So I have been researching for months. Yesterday I finally did it, I made an offer and won a 2011 White SL in Tennessee and will now begin the process of having it shipped to me!
I'm very excited! It has 11 bars and has only been quick charged about 4 times.
Guess i just wanted to post about my excitement!

You'll like your LEAF. White is a fine color too.

Like my Silver 2011 better than the day I took delivery... Enjoy... One thing I did was install leather on the seats to meet my dirty and often damp jumps into the car.... There are seat covers that do a great job too.

BTW, mine has never been QCed, but looking forward.... Enjoy.

Yeah i feel I did well, I went to a dealer and saw a 2012 but i didn't have a QC port, Not that I would use it regularly but its nice to know its there in a pinch. Also no backup cam, and no SD card..16k, I think this was a WAY better deal.
As for leather, All my other car had leather interiors, And it would be interesting to look into. How much would said conversion go for? I'm making the order for the heated seats so i can install those, and probably throw on seat covers for now....
Can hardly wait! I'm going to Montreal for the weekend and when I come back the Leaf will be in the driveway!

sevenx7 said:
As for leather, All my other car had leather interiors, And it would be interesting to look into. How much would said conversion go for? I'm making the order for the heated seats so i can install those, and probably throw on seat covers for now....
Local company in SoCal was doing it all in for $1K. Your plan for covers is likely the easier and more practical route unless you have some luck finding a reputable inexpensive local guy.... But I would get covers if you don't treat your cars as precious....

Years ago, we did a MNL members did a group buy of Wet Okole's neoprene waterproof auto seat covers. They are designed for those with an
active life style. These waterproof auto seat covers come in a variety of styles and colors. I got mine in light grey, dark grey, and blue, to match the interior. I also ordered them with heated back and butt for the front seats. Something like this runs between $500-700, but they have many options available on their website. They are holding up excellent and clean very well.

79% SOH means you are right on the verge of losing the second bar, like me. :( What is your commute like? What are your charging plans? I am finding that I need to charge to 100% a lot more often lately.

With 9% capacity loss to go until EOL, you might be able to qualify for the battery replacement within the warranty period of 5 years. My suggestion is let it bake it in the sun at 100% charge and do frequent quick charges. Next year, get a new battery- and you'll have a restored LEAF for only $12,800. I think you got a really good deal.

Let's hope I et a new battery!
My commute is 2 miles to the train station or 16 miles to Brooklyn. This weekend I drove from northern nj to Yonkers to the movie theater I frequent. That's the farthest I pretty much go. So I got 72 miles from 100% and still had 10 miles left over. All I need and want. Of course this is no climate control but hey that's why I'm installing those heated seats! I have scoped out some chargers for the trip to work if I need to top off in between. Next step is to find a level 2 that works for my driveway.

I Have a question everyone!
I was told to go get a "Campaign software upgrade for the charger"
does anyone know what that entails?
Also i want to get the third battery service, whats the normal price for that or is that something that varies dealer to dealer?
I just don't want to get gouged!

sevenx7 said:
So I have been researching for months. Yesterday I finally did it, I made an offer and won a 2011 White SL in Tennessee
Congrats. I also purchased a used Leaf and I have been absolutely loving it.

If you wanna find the silver lining in purchasing one with a degraded battery at least you won't miss that lost capacity. Mine is about to lose its first bar. Had I purchased it new it would probably really bug me. Since I've never owned a new one I don't know how far it went new so I cannot miss that extra range.

You got a sweet deal on the car. I don't know about you but the resale value of these is the only reason I'm able to own an electric. People are flat out scared to purchase something like these cars used.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've been enjoying mine.

Edit: My piece of advice for a new owner of a used leaf. Remember if you are ever getting short on range you can always slow down. The slower you go the further it'll go. I have ended up limping home 35 MPH due to a failed charge (blown circuit breaker). You can make it MUCH further than it says on the gauge if you really need to. I drove 38 miles home on 4 bars with the navigation telling me the entire time I wasn't going to make it. I pulled into the driveway with a few miles remaining and never hit the very low battery warning. Granted I wouldn't wanna do that every day it is possible.

Back