A new LEAF owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuhouse2003

Hi, guys. I live in Los Angeles. I just got my 2015 LEAF SV on 08/27/14. When should I expect my EZ-card arrive? How do they look like? Because my dealer gave me a nrgeVgo card and told me that I could use it for 2 months for free. This is not the one I can use for 2 years no charge to charge, is it? Thank you so much for your help.
IMG_0340.jpg

No, the NRG card is not the 2-year free card.

The NRG card probably needs to be activated, and the
free-use period might only be 60 days, which probably starts
when activated. So, it might be best to wait until you
want to use it, before activating it.

Also, note that...
The 2-year card is only free at participating locations, if any.

Welcome to EVing.
Cheers, Gary

garygid said:
No, the NRG card is not the 2-year free card.

The NRG card probably needs to be activated, and the
free-use period might only be 60 days, which probably starts
when activated. So, it might be best to wait until you
want to use it, before activating it.

Also, note that...
The 2-year card is only free at participating locations, if any.

Welcome to EVing.
Cheers, Gary
Thank you so much for your help, Gary. Yes, the internet manager who helped me to buy the car said I need to activate it. So when should I expect to receive my ez card for that 2 years? Does it come directly from Nissan?

Can you post those images any larger? :lol:

Actually, I found it funny that you hid the text under the bar code, but didn't hide the actual barcode. I suspect I could print out that image and use it in place of your code. (and I was able to read the barcode anyway to get the ID it encodes).

(you might want to either remove the image or replace it with one hiding the barcode)

jlv said:
Can you post those images any larger? :lol:

Actually, I found it funny that you hid the text under the bar code, but didn't hide the actual barcode. I suspect I could print out that image and use it in place of your code. (and I was able to read the barcode anyway to get the ID it encodes).

(you might want to either remove the image or replace it with one hiding the barcode)
I haven't activated it yet. So I am not sure if you could use it. but anyway, thank you.

I called the dealer and the internet manager said he is going to mail it to you. I didn't realize that the one he gave me is not the one I use for the "no charge to charge" until I got home and try to activate it. Does anyone know if the evgo card I received will expire even though I am not going to activate until 2 years later? I haven't activated it yet because I am going to use the ez-card first.

Back