2011 leaf, unlocking from outside

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

migdude

Hi there, just bought 2011 leaf (SL) with only 20000 and in outstanding condition. One problem though, I can not lock/unlock a car by pressing button on a door handles or hatch (remote is in my pocket with freshly replace battery). I can open/lock car using remote. Any idea?
Thank you in advance.

migdude said:
Hi there, just bought 2011 leaf (SL) with only 20000 and in outstanding condition. One problem though, I can not lock/unlock a car by pressing button on a door handles or hatch (remote is in my pocket with freshly replace battery). I can open/lock car using remote. Any idea?
Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately you probably have to have a dealer look at it with you demonstrating the problem. The fact that no one else has responded yet confirms that this isn't a problem we've heard of. I'm sure you looked at chapter 3 of your user manual and verified that you're following all the instructions there, so there may be some problem with the car.

The good news is that this function is common to Nissans, not just the LEAF, so you won't need to wait for the special LEAF tech to be available for the dealer to look at it.

According to my 2012 Navigation System manual, page 6-4, you can disable/enable that feature in the Comfort and Convenience Settings:
[Intelligent Key Lock/Unlock]:
When this item is turned to ON, door lock/
unlock function by pushing the door handle
request switch will be activated.

Back