Leasing - should we treat the seats and paint?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtondav

We will be receiving our 2014 Leaf (new) in two days. We are leasing it for 36 months.

The dealer tried to sell us an upgrade to put protective spray on the seats and the paint. We turned them down. They warned us that when we turn in the car, if there are any stains, chips etc., we would have to pay.

Is it advisable to put some kind of protector on the seats or paint?

Thanks,
Burtondav

Don't return it at that dealer. ;)

They're just trying to make money. They're not going to get much service revenue out of you.

If you lease again when you return it, they usually waive all the minor stuff. They sent me a $500 coupon for that already.

You can always scotch guard the seats yourself. I wouldn't worry about the paint.

Out of curiosity, how much did they want for this?

Ask them if their magic sprays guarantee no stains or chipping and pays any lease-return charges. 'Cuz that could come in handy. :lol:

i027499.jpg

Otherwise, normal wash and wax should take care of the paint and a couple of cans of ScotchGard from the store might be worth a shot if you've got a cloth interior.

If you encounter dirt or gravel roads regularly look into some clear film to protect against chips.

GIven the "quality" of the cloth used, I suggest seat covers, not spray. And no, paint protectant won't prevent scratches. I suggest you budget $300-$500 for end of lease repairs if you won't be re-leasing another Nissan. I take good care of my 2013 but the rear cargo cover is already damaged...

Back