Anyone get their EZ Charge ("No Charge to Charge") card yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walt2000

I was wondering if anyone who bought or leased their Leaf before 7/7/2014 has gotten their EZ Charge card in the mail. Our local dealer has been giving them out at sale for customers after this date but before (& after the 4/1/2014 start of eligibility date), they have said that Nissan USA will mail directly. I contacted NissanUSA from the Leaf Owners Portal a month ago and they told me that buyers in the 4/1-6/15 window should have them mailed out by 7/8, but when I contacted them today, they said that the EZ Charge cards should be given to dealers and they need to mail them out to eligible customers.

The EZ Charge site customer support had no idea who handled the distribution and when I asked the dealer today, they thought that NissanUSA would take care of buyers before 7/7/2014.

All that said, I'm just wondering if folks are starting to receive their cards in the mail (& if so, when you received it).

[on a related note, the EZ Charge site shows the eligible stations in my area and it looks like only a fraction of the Blink stations are participating in this 'no charge to charge' program]

I guess no one else has gotten it either? I just received mine in the mail in case others were wondering when they'll get theirs.

This was receiving more discussion in http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine came today (7/23). It had a letter inside dated 7/18. The envelope had a nrg evgo return address.

Some details:
1. The inner envelope with the card in it mentioned that you only get 30 minutes on a quick charger, or 60 on L2. After that, charges may apply, depending on the individual providers policy. No clue how you find out those details.
2. The letter noted that the NRG EVgo card that I already had from the previous program would expire on July 30. So much for the reports it was good for a year, or even the 60 days that many had reported. I think I will have gotten less than three weeks from it. So far, I used it once.
3. NRG EVgo doesn't have many charge locations in the S.F. Bay area. The only one I have been near was a the Great Mall in Milpitas. (It appears to be the only one I am likely to be near with any frequency.) Looking at the EZ Charge map, it is *NOT* included in the No Charge to Charge. So, the one EVgo location I might use was usable on the old card that they are expiring early, and not on the new program.
4. Looking at the maps of No Charge to Charge locations, there are not very many of them around.

Mine came today! (7/23). Letter was dated 7/18.

I was not expecting to get this card because I live in Los Angeles, which was not listed among the markets that would benefit from the program. So I am very happy to get this unexpected perk!

I purchased my 2014 Leaf on 4/25/14.

Ok well now I am confused.

I received the card from nrg eVgo and am told I need to activate the card as my nrg eVgo card will stop working on july 30. So I head on over to EZ-Charge.com to activate the card.

But, in order to activate it I have to select my "market" and dealership from the list of eligible ones. Well I live in Los Angeles which is not an eligible market (only San Francisco, Sacramento, and San Diego are eligible), and therefore my "market" and dealership are not on the list. . .

. . . which means I can't activate the card. . .

. . . which makes me wonder why they sent it to me. . .

. . . so the end result of this is they sent me a card I can't use, and are de-activating my nrg eVgo card. . .

Lame.

@alanlarson - thanks for pointing me to the other thread with more discussion (I missed it when searching for this topic last week).

I had been looking at the ez-charge.com site for eligible stations. As Alan mentioned, only a small subset of charging stations are participating (I originally thought it was the entire Blink network, for instance).

I also noticed that the stations shown in "Find a Charging Station" changed mid-day yesterday - for my 10 mile range, it was previously something like 10 sites. Now, it shows 3. If it'll constantly change, that might add to more confusion.

From reading the AV site upon sign-ups, though, I had the impression that their entire network is participating (I don't have one of them near me but I'll report back if I ever have a chance to try one of their stations).

Are others still waiting?

My dealer told me I ought to have received my card already, but I sure haven't.

Spent an extremely frustrating day with various forms of Nissan customer service, none of whom could tell me anything.

Am I the last man in American still waiting?

Latitude47 said:
Are others still waiting?

My dealer told me I ought to have received my card already, but I sure haven't.

Spent an extremely frustrating day with various forms of Nissan customer service, none of whom could tell me anything.

Am I the last man in American still waiting?
My dealer gave me the card and brochure the day I leased the car. I signed up online that evening. A week later I got a call from a local EV-Go rep to see if I had any questions. I told him I was waiting for my "real" cards/fobs to arrive from EV-Go and Blink.

He said the card I got from the dealer was all I needed. I tried waving the card at the EV-Go pump the next day at Cracker Barrel, and "walla!" it worked just as advertised. I haven't tried a Blink station yet, but the rep said I was good to go there, also. I did confirm that not all Blink stations are free.

Back