Daytime running lights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

I just got my 2014 SV with halogen lights
I've been reading bout daytime running lights - but I don't think my car is equipped with it

I'm hoping I don't have it because I don't see it being on in the daytime.
Or it could be malfunction

Does the 2014 SV have DRL?

goixiz said:
I've been reading bout daytime running lights - but I don't think my car is equipped with it

If US spec, won't have DRL's.

rogersleaf said:
goixiz said:

Thank you
Yes us spec

goixiz said:
rogersleaf said:
goixiz said:

Thank you
Yes us spec
Watch the battery draw on the halogens if tight on range. Found that mine likely draw more that expected.

When did you get your leaf? What part of the country?

TomT said:
You'll never even notice the difference in range with them on... It is mere drop in the bucket.

rogersleaf said:
Watch the battery draw on the halogens if tight on range.

Indeed. High power halogen bulbs are around 50W each, standard halogens around 30W. This means having two high power halogens would take off about 1mi from 100-0% if they were always on. If you're counting every mile, sure, it's noticeable. Better make sure you use the restroom before you drive though, don't want all that extra water weight in the car.

mctom987 said:
TomT said:
You'll never even notice the difference in range with them on... It is mere drop in the bucket.

rogersleaf said:
Watch the battery draw on the halogens if tight on range.

Indeed. High power halogen bulbs are around 50W each, standard halogens around 30W. This means having two high power halogens would take off about 1mi from 100-0% if they were always on. If you're counting every mile, sure, it's noticeable. Better make sure you use the restroom before you drive though, don't want all that extra water weight in the car.

And keep all the windows closed to make it aerodynamic, right? lol and NO AC.

Back