SEAT BELT WARNING light came on

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

Seatbelt warning light -
Today is the first time i noticed the seat belt warning light came on and stayed on.

What Happened:
Drove 3 people to lunch - all is well
After lunch on the way back i dropped my passengers all off and - all is well
THEN = The Seat BElt light came on - I then unbuckled my seat belt and reinsert and verify that its locked (driver) the light remain on. did this again to verify its not my seatbelt that was not triggering the warning. I then parked and turned of the car and turn it back on and buckle my seat belt - the warning light went off.

Is this normal ?? to me its not how seatbelt un buckled warning should be - when there is noone in that seat the warning for unbuckel should not be activated.

Any feedback will help... thanks in advance

There is one recall about the passenger seat having disabled the air bag erroneously... might be related. Nothing heavy placed in the seat right? That might also trigger it.

I carpool with my girlfriend, and after I drop her off, I notice the seatbelt warning turns off only about half the time.

Not advice, just mentioning that your problem might be related.

jsongster said:
There is one recall about the passenger seat having disabled the air bag erroneously... might be related. Nothing heavy placed in the seat right? That might also trigger it.
Nothing on the seat. Do you any ref I can look up on the recall notice

mctom987 said:
I carpool with my girlfriend, and after I drop her off, I notice the seatbelt warning turns off only about half the time.

I will pay attention in future
As long as no safety concerns I will feel better

Noticed the same quirk after dropping off a passenger at a street corner. Mine cleared after putting the car in park. Apparently LEAF doesn't like passengers exiting while still in gear.

rogersleaf said:
Noticed the same quirk after dropping off a passenger at a street corner. Mine cleared after putting the car in park. Apparently LEAF doesn't like passengers exiting while still in gear.

Maybe Nissan. Wants us to stop with putting in park before letting passenger out (instead of pushing/ejecting your passengers).

goixiz said:
rogersleaf said:

Maybe Nissan. Wants us to stop with putting in park before letting passenger out (instead of pushing/ejecting your passengers).

That totally prevents me from doing this :evil:
ejecto-seato-cuz-o.gif

mctom987 said:

Isn't there a recall notice in effect for passenger airbag and sensor? I thought it may not recognize someone is in the seat? Is this related perhaps?

epirali said:
mctom987 said:

Isn't there a recall notice in effect for passenger airbag and sensor? I thought it may not recognize someone is in the seat? Is this related perhaps?

To me this issue is the opposite
It assumes that someone is in the seat and not "buckled up" = warning light comes on

I own a 2011 Nissan Leaf. I just got a call from a woman claiming to be with the Department of Transportation, and she wanted to ask me questions about the seatbelt warning in my Leaf. I had no idea what she was talking about, and I tend to be very skeptical of anyone who calls my home phone... So I didn't do her survey. But now that I see this thread, maybe it was legitimate. I've never experienced the false warnings that some of you have.

WilsonSATX said:
I own a 2011 Nissan Leaf. I just got a call from a woman claiming to be with the Department of Transportation, and she wanted to ask me questions about the seatbelt warning in my Leaf. I had no idea what she was talking about, and I tend to be very skeptical of anyone who calls my home phone... So I didn't do her survey. But now that I see this thread, maybe it was legitimate. I've never experienced the false warnings that some of you have.

It may have been legit, but you were right to be skeptical. I NEVER give personal information on an incoming call. Only on calls I've originated.

Also, your Grandson is not in a Mexican jail and in need of money.

Back