2 buttons on hatch handle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

Can someone please share what are the 2 buttons for
I know i use one to unlock and open the hatch

Whats the one on the right for ?

goixiz said:
Can someone please share what are the 2 buttons for
I know i use one to unlock and open the hatch

Whats the one on the right for ?

On my 13 the right one unlocks it then the left opens, or the left twice opens...it doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

The right (small) button should work the same as the front door buttons: one press unlocks just that door (hatch) and two presses should unlock all the doors.

I routinely do two presses of the right hatch button when loading groceries so that all the car doors are opened.

How does one lock all doors from the handle (s)
I just want to make sure i dont make that mistake while key is in the car
But then again it does not make sense because you can unlock it because the keys are witihin the range

goixiz said:
How does one lock all doors from the handle (s)
I just want to make sure i dont make that mistake while key is in the car
But then again it does not make sense because you can unlock it because the keys are witihin the range
Please read starting around page 3-8 of your owner's manual (from the '14 Leaf manual).

I'm surprised your dealer didn't go over these things w/you when you picked up your car.

goixiz said:

The Leaf knows the difference if the key is outside (but nearby) vs. inside the car. Several times I've left the key in the car, tried to lock it via the button on the door handle, and the car just beeps several times to remind me that I left the key inside.

The large button in the center unlocks and releases the hatch.
The small button (i-Key request switch) to the right operates as follows:
- Single press unlocks the hatch (when doors are locked)
- Double press unlocks all doors, including hatch
- Single press locks all doors including the hatch (when doors or hatch are unlocked)

Please remember that when opening the hatch it is left in an unlocked state. To lock it after closing please press the small button one time.

Best wishes

kovalb said:
The large button in the center unlocks and releases the hatch.
The small button (i-Key request switch) to the right operates as follows:
- Single press unlocks the hatch (when doors are locked)
- Double press unlocks all doors, including hatch
- Single press locks all doors including the hatch (when doors or hatch are unlocked)

Please remember that when opening the hatch it is left in an unlocked state. To lock it after closing please press the small button one time.

Best wishes

thank you for the clear and concise explanation

Back