Small Blue Light at bottom of headlamp

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

When does this light come on ?
I see a small light blue light at the bottom of the headlamp housing - is this for show or it does something ?

On halogen headlight models, a small tunnel is molded into the plastic near the lower inside corner of the headlamp assembly (looks like a tear duct). When the headlights are on, a small amount of light from the reflector is diverted through this tunnel which causes the tube to glow blue. Looks like it's there for show.

Do you have the LED lights or the halogen ones? If they are the LED ones I think you are talking about the parking lights. It is a small bulb in the upper left of the high beam housing on the driver side or the upper right of the passenger side high beam.

rogersleaf said:
On halogen headlight models, a small tunnel is molded into the plastic near the lower inside corner of the headlamp assembly (looks like a tear duct). When the headlights are on, a small amount of light from the reflector is diverted through this tunnel which causes the tube to glow blue. Looks like it's there for show.

i think this is it
i cant see a bulb in the tunnel

rogersleaf said:
It could be an attempt to whiten the typically yellow halogen light.

GeekEV said:
rogersleaf said:
It could be an attempt to whiten the typically yellow halogen light.

thats a lot of work and cost to do a simple thing.

I was wondering about these, as well. There looks like there is a blanked out hole for a socket on the backside of the headlight housing. Maybe, they had designed a marker light, and then decided to do that with the turn signal bulb, instead?

Back