using the 110v trickle charger that comes with the Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelyp

I hope I don't have a problem but:

I pluged in with the trickle charger EVSE, and the car doesn't appear to be charging.
The first time I did this, it did start to charge right away. NOW the box on the power cord says ready, not charging. and the 3 lights on the dash are all out. I thought the first would be solid, and the second flashing. I still have 34 miles range without any charging.

Is it automaticlly waiting for off peak hours? (I hope)

Paul

Did the Leaf beep at all, or did you see any of the three charge status lights sequence when you first plugged the charge connector in?

Also, have you tried the "Immediate Charge" button? It will temporarily override any timers that may be set.

Please pardon if this is question is too obvious, but is the Leaf powered "Off"?

As I recall, it will not charge if it is not first powered to be off...

lonelyp said:
I hope I don't have a problem but:

I pluged in with the trickel charger EVSE, and the car doesn't appear to be charging.
The first time I did this, it did start to charge right away. NOW the box on the power cord says ready, not charging. and the 3 lights on the dash are all out. I thought the first would be solid, and the second flashing. I still have 34 miles range without any charging.

Is it automaticlly waiting for off peak hours? (I hope)

Paul

Are any lights on on the trickle charger "box?"

Are any lights on on the trickle charger "box?"

Yes, it say ready, but not charging

The car did beep when I plugged in the connector, but I didn't see any dash lights flash at all.
I did see the power cord picture on the dash as if it's asking to be charged up when I shut it down.

Do you know if you have any timers enabled?

A quick test would be to use the "Immediate Charge" button to force it to start charging right away.

If it doesn't, make sure the Leaf is off, unplug, wait a moment, then re-plug the charge connector back in again and see if re-seating it helps, or if you observe anything different than the last time you plugged in.

Back