Trickle Charge Indicator Lights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brchrist

I've just leased a Nissan Leaf this weekend. I have a L2 charger at work (crowded..), and trying to use the trickle charge at home. The trickle charge was working, but stops working after a few hours and the lights on the brick are blinking (both the green light and the orange charging light). The car is not charging according to the carwings. I can't find any information on what the blinking lights mean, although speculating I need to remove other appliances on this circuit from the garage (or get a large circuit).

Brian

What is the charge level?
What happens when you click "start charging" Or push the timer override in the car?
Have you unplugged and started over?
Do you have any charge timers set?

Use search to locate other threads on this, especially Ingineer's name. You can also search my name and L1 vs L2. IIRC, this was either a ground fault, bad/missing ground, or pulled more than 12 amps on the circuit. You should only use a dedicated circuit (unless you are sure other items are not being run at the same time). There has been much discussion about the garage door pulling 4-5 amps at the same time, refrigerators or freezers, etc. Obviously, you don't want to run garage power tools off of the same circuit when charging. Finally, the circuit breaker could be bad and need replacing. The washing machine (which has a large initial instantaneous draw) often causes that circuit breaker to go, even though it's not obvious until you try to pull 12 Amps continuously for 8-10 hours.

Edit: Provide more info if you can: 15 or 20 Amp circuit breaker, other items on that circuit, effect of reset, time to trip, etc.

Reddy

I wasn't able to find any postings about what the blinking lights mean on the "brick" so the posting. I do have a refrigerator connected to the same circuit (15a) and will move this tonight and try again. As necessary will get a electrician to come update the circuit in case there is a grounding issue. If I click "start charging" via the iphone app it say's unable to charge.

Brian

Look in the Charging chapter in your LEAF Owners Manual
for a description of the EVSE indicator lights.
I see such a description in the 2013 LEAF manual,
around page CH-36 or so, as I almost recall.

Dear all leaf owners
I wonder if u experienced this
When plug the charger to car the charger lights green and orange are on until the car fully charged then it should have only the green ready light after the car fully charged but in my case even the car is fully charged for one complete day the orange charge lights keeps on in addition to the green of course !!!
While it suppose to be only green after fully charged ? Any one faces this before ? I sent the charger to the dealer and they said it's working fine and doesnot have any problem ? Is it possible that I have a problem in the car it self ? Any one can help me how to solve it ?
Regards

Back