Nissan Connect for 2015 / Account Reset

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
danrjones said:
I also got a look at one with the quick charge and led headlights and one with Bose. I did think Bose was better though I was a bit disappointed that a 2015 did not appear to have apps like pandora. That only seemed to work on the bluetooth setting when I had it selected in my phone.

The led headlights were nicer. I've seen the whole assembly for sale on Ebay so maybe I could just switch them out later if I wanted. It drives nice enough.
I don't think you'd be missing much w/Pandora on the head unit. I think I've used it under 10 times since July 2013 (on my '13 Leafs) and an iPhone is my primary phone. Don't worry about it.

I'm not sure the LED headlight assembly is as simple has plug and play between halogen headlight equipped cars vs. LED headlight cars. The LED headlights are way better than halogens. I can speak w/personal experience from having had the LEDs on my leased '13 Leaf to the crappy halogens on my owned '13 Leaf.

Good thing you're looking at lizard battery Leafs (sorry haven't read your other posts). Ridgecrest rang a bell for me. Kolmstead was from there. Search for posts by him. His '11 Leaf (crap chemistry) lost 4 bars and he had no luck trying to sell it for $4500 years ago. Got donated. See http://mynissanleaf.com/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=kolmstead&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search.

I'm not sure I understand. You dont play much music? Or dont stream?

I'm not in an area with many radio stations and dont plan on xm.

danrjones said:
cwerdna said:
danrjones said:
I also got a look at one with the quick charge and led headlights and one with Bose. I did think Bose was better though I was a bit disappointed that a 2015 did not appear to have apps like pandora. That only seemed to work on the bluetooth setting when I had it selected in my phone.
I don't think you'd be missing much w/Pandora on the head unit. I think I've used it under 10 times since July 2013 (on my '13 Leafs) and an iPhone is my primary phone. Don't worry about it.
I'm not sure I understand. You dont play much music? Or dont stream?

I'm not in an area with many radio stations and dont plan on xm.
Pandora on my '13 is only of use if your iPhone or iPod Touch (!) is connected via USB. See page 4-17 of https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2013/2013-LEAF-navigation-manual.pdf. You can see all it does it show you some info, thumb up/down do some stuff w/stations via the head unit.

You can still play Pandora w/o any physical USB connection to the car's head unit on SV and SL trims via A2DP Bluetooth music streaming and that'd be used for playing Pandora, Spotify, music stored on your iPhone, Apple Music (don't have a subscription), other audio apps apps (e.g. NPR News, Podcast app, Overcast, etc.) For Pandora over A2DP, you'd need to thumb up/down and manipulate playlists on the phone instead of the nav system.

I do play some music but I don't need to use the above Pandora functionality via USB connection. I don't use Pandora that much either and again, it works over A2DP music streaming. The audio from my primary phone tends to come from Overcast, NPR News app, Spotify and to a lesser degree Pandora, all over A2DP streaming.

I also drive a '19 Bolt (plan to sell my Leaf) and I do use CarPlay with that, which unfortunately on Bolt requires a wired USB connection. There still is A2DP BT streaming if I don't connect any cables.

I also do subscribe to Sirius XM w/a Select package. <$6/mo is acceptable to me for that.

A relatively low-mileage 2015 from a cooler climate should handle your limited range needs for quite a while. I will turn up 77,000 miles today and still have realistic 50-mile range with 8 capacity bars remaining after 50 months in the Phoenix heat (2011 was down to 10 bars after 1 year and 8 bars at 2 years with less than 30,000 miles; replacement battery was 15 months old and had been down to 11 capacity bars for some time when the crash happened at 50,422 miles). Telematics upgrade was free for 2015 when the 2G/3G issue emerged, but I don't know if it still is. Check the VIN with a LEAF-Certified Nissan dealer to verify if it was performed and/or cost to have it done now. Make sure you have ATT cellular coverage in your area because the telematics system uses only ATT. I strongly recommend the factory LED headlights (they are not plug/play replacements for the standard halogen lights on the S or SV) and the Bose sound system (if you like to listen to music). The only thing I don't like about the Bose system is that the surround camera display makes the rear view image small compared to the full screen image on the 2011. I normally include the quick charge port in my category of strongly-recommended options, but see no need in your situation with limited daily range needs and no worries about future resale value.

Edited to add: I subscribe to Sirrius XM for music and traffic so I have never tried audio streaming in the LEAF.

The only thing I don't like about the Bose system is that the surround camera display makes the rear view image small compared to the full screen image on the 2011.

I'm fairly sure that by pressing the CAMERA button several times, you can get the full screen image for any side of the car. I'll check when I use mine again. Cwerdna may also remember.

LeftieBiker said:
The only thing I don't like about the Bose system is that the surround camera display makes the rear view image small compared to the full screen image on the 2011.

I'm fairly sure that by pressing the CAMERA button several times, you can get the full screen image for any side of the car. I'll check when I use mine again. Cwerdna may also remember.

There is no way to get a full screen image on the 2015 SL, perhaps on other years. I have read the manual, been through all of the menus (including the camera setup menu that allows adjustment of many parameters), and tried stepping through all of the camera display options using the camera button. I even asked my dealer and EV Customer service when the car was new.

Ok, I'll take your word for it, then. I will check to see if mine is the same. I might not have noticed it, because for me, the synthesized "overhead" view is the best, and is what I usually use.

I certainly would take both the led/quick charge package and the premium package but I haven't been finding them in SV around here / carmax

Not unless i pay a lot more

Thanks!

danrjones said:
I certainly would take both the led/quick charge package and the premium package but I haven't been finding them in SV around here / carmax
IIRC, for whatever reason, for model year '14 (and possibly '15), it was no longer on nissnausa.com to configure at '14 SV w/both packages. Only one or the other was possible. This was NOT true on '13s.

Yet, I recall hearing of some folks w/14 SV w/both packages. So, it's unclear if they're rare unicorns or just a mistake on nissanusa.com.

It's possible it's a method of forced upsell to SL w/premium since '13 to '15 SL already include the equivalent of quick charge package + LED headlights.
LeftieBiker said:

I'm fairly sure that GerryAZ is right and that on '13 Leaf w/premium, there's no way to get a full screen image from any camera. It's always split.

Gerry is likely right about all years, as the '18 also has split only. I just came here to post that, and to wonder in the '13 was different. I guess not. I assume that my confusion was due to never having seen the original version.

cwerdna said:
danrjones said:
IIRC, for whatever reason, for model year '14 (and possibly '15), it was no longer on nissnausa.com to configure at '14 SV w/both packages. Only one or the other was possible. This was NOT true on '13s.

Yet, I recall hearing of some folks w/14 SV w/both packages. So, it's unclear if they're rare unicorns or just a mistake on nissanusa.com.

It's possible it's a method of forced upsell to SL w/premium since '13 to '15 SL already include the equivalent of quick charge package + LED headlights.
LeftieBiker said:

I'm fairly sure that GerryAZ is right and that on '13 Leaf w/premium, there's no way to get a full screen image from any camera. It's always split.

That seems to correspond to the inventory I'm looking through. I didnt really want SL (black leather in 110f) but they are also running 2 to 3k more.

I'm pretty sure I can at least change the h13 bulb anyway even if I cant swap out the whole headlight module

Thnx

I really did not want black leather when I was forced to replace the 2011, but could not get all of the features I wanted without going to the SL. I have gotten to the point where I don't really care about the leather (the driver seat has softened a bit in 77,000 miles), I just wish it was not so hot after the car sits in the sun (it is becoming that time of year again). Read some of the threads about headlight upgrades--the halogen headlight housings don't have enough room inside to accommodate some of the LED replacement bulbs.

There is one H13 bulb that provides a marginal increase in light output: the Philips "X-Treme Power" bulb, which does not live up to its name. There may be better halogen bulbs out there now. The above bulb mainly fills in some of the light voids on High beam that are usually visible in dark areas outside the cities.

Headlight revolution or retrofit source or morimoto and such sell higher end led bulbs and hid kits. Not sure hid is a good idea in reflector housings but I'll figure something out.

Thnx

Back