Pre-set radio stations and bluetooth pairing delete when car turned off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northstove

I just purchased a 2017 Leaf over the weekend. When I turn the car off, all the changes I have made to the display screen fail to save. The radio preset stations revert to their original settings, and the car no longer recognizes my phone. The navigation system also does not work at all. The dealer thought the extended storage switch had been activated, but that turned out not to be the case.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I bought a used 2016 this past weekend and am experiencing the exact same problem. The SIM for the navigation system is missing. So I'm guessing that the radio pre-sets and bluetooth pairing is stored on that SIM. The dealership I bought the car is ordering a replacement. I will follow-up with results once I get the SIM.

I like the theories advanced so far, but one more basic thing I would wonder about is whether your 12V accessory battery is not holding a charge well. When ours wore out, the first symptoms were that the car stopped "remembering" stuff (like the clock not keeping time). And that was when the car was about 2 1/2 years old. Not so far from the age of yours.

Once the accessory battery got weak enough, our Leaf started refusing to drive, so if that might be the problem, don't wait around to fix it. Any place that sells batteries ought to be able to test yours, and I doubt you would need to go to a Nissan dealer for a new 12V battery (though that ended up being what we did).

Drive on,
TCR

Northstove or EVrory were you able to resolve this? Can you please share what you did?
Needless to say, I have the same exact problem

Hmmmm. Just like ours; no DAB stations stored nor phone pairing remembered. We just bought it and are really impressed so far. Got a great deal from Flipping Cars, but ion delivery, noticed no SD card, so no SatNav. Am looking into getting one. Ideas?

Had the same problem and can confirm it is definitely cause by no SD card. had to order from Nissan dealer and it cost about $500 bucks but the dealership I bought car from took on this expense. The SD card not only hold the maps data but also stores bluetooth seetings and radio station settings.

Back