OckleyEV
Delivery Date: 13 Dec 2017
Leaf Number: 308700

Re: Newbie with first Leafspy data

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:28 pm

cwerdna wrote:It may not be that easy.

Nothing ever is right! :cry:
cwerdna wrote:Unless it's impairing your usage, maybe don't worry about it if your dealer gives you the runaround the 1st time.

That is a very valid point, my daily commute is ~20 miles of surface streets roundtrip so unless that changes I can certainly wait. No use in wasting my time. I would not have known anything is wrong with the car had I not plugged in and checked LeafSpy.
cwerdna wrote:If it's like the other 30 kWh cars that have baked in hot climates, I think you're well on your way to being down 4 capacity bars WELL before the 8 year/100K capacity warranty is up, possibly earning you multiple replacements.

This is very true at this rate it may be by the end of the summer at this rate. Only time will tell though.

Thank you for all the help, first time on the forum.

specialgreen
Delivery Date: 26 Mar 2017

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:02 pm

cwerdna wrote: When the battery isn't low, I wouldn't expect to see any more than say 12 to 30 mV imbalance when only an idle load (car in in Park in READY mode (green car w/arrows) w/no AC and no heater on)..

Is there a wiki with this kind of wisdom? I haven't seen anything like this in the LeafSpy help screens.

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:18 am

specialgreen wrote:
cwerdna wrote: When the battery isn't low, I wouldn't expect to see any more than say 12 to 30 mV imbalance when only an idle load (car in in Park in READY mode (green car w/arrows) w/no AC and no heater on)..

Is there a wiki with this kind of wisdom? I haven't seen anything like this in the LeafSpy help screens.

About the imbalance amounts, not off the top my head.

I just listed those two values off the top of my head based upon casual observation while my car's stationary in READY mode at all different states of charge. I think I've seen bigger deltas between the highest and lowest cell when under load (e.g. accelerating) but I really don't look at this stuff while driving. Older versions of Leaf Spy (which I had the longest) didn't list the mV value in large numbers either.

I do know I've never personally seen an imbalance as high as 140 mV. Turbo3 verbally has mentioned to me that when you're really low on charge, the delta goes into the hundreds of milliVolts. He uses that to determine how close he is to dead (well, car cutting him off). He has an (IIRC) '11 Leaf w/a fairly degraded battery.

I guess I need to check the next time I run real low (somewhere below VLBW), which isn't that often.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

imperialman67
Delivery Date: 05 Nov 2017
Leaf Number: 327240

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:45 am

warrenc wrote:Should you panic? No, just drive it and charge when you need to. Try not to obsess about it, although that might be easier said than done around this forum!

Thank you for the advice ,but of course I am now totally obsessing about losing the first bar on my leaf :(
To the point of now considering trading the Leaf in before the first bar dissapears :shock:

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”