New to forum—just got a 2013 Leaf last week...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiantTortoise

...and so far I love it! :D

It's an off-lease model from California with 23k miles on it. Only an S, but it has the Quick Charge upgrade, and also the backup camera. All 12 capacity bars still, and so far range is running about 80-90 miles or so in eco mode, with AC running. Picked it up for under 10k, which seemed pretty good to me.

Such a cool car, I only wish I'd gotten one sooner!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

GiantTortoise said:
...and so far I love it! :D

It's an off-lease model from California with 23k miles on it. Only an S, but it has the Quick Charge upgrade, and also the backup camera. All 12 capacity bars still, and so far range is running about 80-90 miles or so in eco mode, with AC running. Picked it up for under 10k, which seemed pretty good to me.

Such a cool car, I only wish I'd gotten one sooner!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

+1 welcome to the forum

Ahh, but because you waited until used ones were on the market you paid much less than many early adopters here (including myself); at that price point (lets use $9,600 just for comparison sake) its about 30% of what it was new at MSRP (not including any rebates or EV credits); hard to beat that. If the LEAF's rapid resale depreciation is getting more into trying EV's I'm all for it ...

redLEAF said:
+1 welcome to the forum

Ahh, but because you waited until used ones were on the market you paid much less than many early adopters here (including myself); at that price point (lets use $9,600 just for comparison sake) its about 30% of what it was new at MSRP (not including any rebates or EV credits); hard to beat that. If the LEAF's rapid resale depreciation is getting more into trying EV's I'm all for it ...

Thanks. Yep you're about spot on with the pricing. I almost went for a new one because there was a 2016 SV advertised at $25,000 somewhat near me, and after adding in the tax credit that seemed like a really great deal.

But in the end I wasn't 100% sure if going all electric would work long term, so, I decided to go a cheaper route to start, since this one was in fantastic condition.

But now that I have one I think it would be difficult to back to gas! Plus I really love the all digital instrument cluster.

Please edit your profile so we know where you are located. It helps when answering questions that may have different answers, depending upon your location. How long is your commute? Its great to hear that you still have all 12 capacity bars, so perhaps the Leaf came from northern CA, or someplace cool. Nissan didn't improve the battery chemistry significantly until 2015, so you may suffer capacity loss if you live someplace hot.

keydiver said:
....Nissan didn't improve the battery chemistry significantly until 2015, so you may suffer capacity loss if you live someplace hot.
Wasn't chemistry improved after ~4/'13? I know my late '13 Leaf has a much better battery than my '12. True my '12 is missing several bars(came from S. California(LA)) and my original MN '13 still has all bars(both are about the same mileage) but I've always read the late '13's degraded less than the earlier Leafs, and again my experience seems to back that up.

The chemistry was tweaked in 2013. That showed up about April, like you said. But it wasn't a significant change. If the OP lives in AZ, for example, it's not enough of an improvement.

Back