Buying a used leaf with only single charge port.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solaro

Got a used leaf a couple months ago and love it. Now interested in buying another 2011 with 22,000 miles and 11 bars. BUT it only has the single charging port. My question is can I charge this car with a level 2 evse at home? And is it possible to upgrade to add the quick charge port? It's a great car otherwise. But if you get stuck somewhere and need a quick charge you're out of luck, right?

solaro said:
Got a used leaf a couple months ago and love it. Now interested in buying another 2011 with 22,000 miles and 11 bars. BUT it only has the single charging port. My question is can I charge this car with a level 2 evse at home?
Yes. All LEAFs come equipped with the standard J1772 port, which allows you to charge on L1 or L2.

solaro said:
And is it possible to upgrade to add the quick charge port? It's a great car otherwise. But if you get stuck somewhere and need a quick charge you're out of luck, right?
No, it's not possible to add the QC port, and yes, you're out of luck.

Gra's response is correct.
solaro said:
But if you get stuck somewhere and need a quick charge you're out of luck, right?
Sure, but since we have no idea where you're located, there may not even be ANY DC fast chargers in your area (that would utilize that missing CHAdeMO inlet).

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

solaro said:
Got a used leaf a couple months ago and love it. Now interested in buying another 2011 with 22,000 miles and 11 bars. BUT it only has the single charging port. My question is can I charge this car with a level 2 evse at home? And is it possible to upgrade to add the quick charge port? It's a great car otherwise. But if you get stuck somewhere and need a quick charge you're out of luck, right?

I am curious about how you have been charging it. It almost sounds like you have been using the QC port exclusively and away from home. That's the opposite of what many of us do, especially on the east coast.

Back