e-pedal brake light behaviour

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhBee

Can anyone point me to any resources that describe this? If I let off the gas with e-pedal enabled, are my brake lights coming on? I read that in b-mode, the brake lights never shine. I really hope with the more powerful regenerative braking in e-pedal, the brake light is turning on when I fully release the pedal.

But what about the in-between? If i'm on a highway, I really don't want the brake light on if I am slowly reducing speed on a hill. It seems like there should be a fine line on when the light comes on. Maybe after a certain amount of regeneration is occuring?

If you come of the accelerator completely then yes the lights do turn on. If you are slowly releasing the accelerator it will not come on until you are completely off of it. I played around a lot with it the first week I was driving around.

I am a little worried about this behavior in adaptive cruise control mode. I am often in traffic, so I use this feature a lot. And people in southern California drive really close to your bumper in traffic.

Is there any easy way to test when the brake lights are illuminated without someone you know driving behind you?

At night, when driving down hill (coming home from work, I descend from a mesa) you can see the brake lights illuminate the guard rail, the structures or reflectors on the lane divider.

in the dark you can see the rear tailgate brake light come on... But really no way to tell in the day time that I know of...

OhBee said:
I am a little worried about this behavior in adaptive cruise control mode. I am often in traffic, so I use this feature a lot. And people in southern California drive really close to your bumper in traffic.

Is there any easy way to test when the brake lights are illuminated without someone you know driving behind you?

Don't worry all taken care as it should in e-Pedal.

However "B" mode no light.

Back