2018 Cargo Cover

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Br4hm4

Odd question I know...but does anyone know if the 2017 cargo cover will fit in the 2018? I notice that on the Nissan USA website, the only cargo cover is a retractable one. I would rather have one that is more of a hard cover like this one I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/NISSAN-2013-2017-LEAF-CARGO-COVER/dp/B0769YGFGN/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1519922105&vehicle=2017-67-16223-------------0&sr=1-2-fkmr1&ymm=2017%3Anissan%3Aleaf&keywords=2017+Nissan+leaf+cargo+cover

If anyone could help out, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I plan on making my own.

Not sure about older cover but the new one on my 2018 is a hard cover. It attaches to the lift gate so it opens up when open the back. I think someone else posted that they hit their head on it while reaching inside. I did the same thing. I expect to hit it a couple more times before I learn, based on past experience with things like this. Slight wound above eye brow is mostly healed up now.

LeaferSutherland said:
Not sure about older cover but the new one on my 2018 is a hard cover. It attaches to the lift gate so it opens up when open the back. I think someone else posted that they hit their head on it while reaching inside. I did the same thing. I expect to hit it a couple more times before I learn, based on past experience with things like this. Slight wound above eye brow is mostly healed up now.

First of all...amazing screen name! lol. Second. I am wondering if the description of the cargo cover is incorrect on their website.

In the “build” area is just says “removable cargo cover” which sounds accurate. The one that came from factory on my looks pretty similar to the one you linked from amazon.

In the accessories area I see they do list it as “retractable” which to me seems like one of those roll up deals like a window shade. But for the picture it shows the cargo area with no cover at all. I’m guessing it’s just poorly written description and that they all come with hard cover like mine.

LeaferSutherland said:
In the “build” area is just says “removable cargo cover” which sounds accurate. The one that came from factory on my looks pretty similar to the one you linked from amazon.

In the accessories area I see they do list it as “retractable” which to me seems like one of those roll up deals like a window shade. But for the picture it shows the cargo area with no cover at all. I’m guessing it’s just poorly written description and that they all come with hard cover like mine.

Exactly...I would rather have the removable. I hate the idea of going to the dealership for anything. But time to make a trip. Might as well charge up while I am there.

Br4hm4 said:
Odd question I know...but does anyone know if the 2017 cargo cover will fit in the 2018? I notice that on the Nissan USA website, the only cargo cover is a retractable one. I would rather have one that is more of a hard cover like this one I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/NISSAN-2013-2017-LEAF-CARGO-COVER/dp/B0769YGFGN/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1519922105&vehicle=2017-67-16223-------------0&sr=1-2-fkmr1&ymm=2017%3Anissan%3Aleaf&keywords=2017+Nissan+leaf+cargo+cover

If anyone could help out, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I plan on making my own.
the 2017 won't fit in the 2018 we tried to put our old one in and it was a tad too wide. We found out after we took delivery of our new Leaf that the SL is the only trim that comes with a cargo cover. We had the parts store at the dealer order one for us, the part number was 799105SA1A it was not cheap either like $260, but they gave it to us for $170 still was not expecting to pay that much. They say it could take a month or more to get it since no one had one and it is coming from the factory.

efigueroa said:
the 2017 won't fit in the 2018 we tired to put our old one in and it was a tad too wide. We found out after we took delivery of our new Leaf that the SL is the only trim that comes with a cargo cover. We had the parts store at the dealer order one for us, the part number was 799105SA1A it was not cheap either like $260, but they gave it to us for $170 still was not expecting to pay that much. They say it could take a month or more to get it since no one had one and it is coming from the factory.

Appreciate that update. I guess I am going to have to break down and give the dealership some money. lol. Thank you!

Fyi, we received our cargo cover today at the dealer, arrived within a couple of days versus a month the parts department had thought it would take.

I can also confirm that the older cargo covers won't fit. After my 2014 Leaf was totaled by the insurance (due to some **** who hit and ran), I bought a 2018 SV and drove it to the body shop to grab my stuff out of the car. I tried fitting both the old cargo organizer and the old cargo cover, but sadly neither fit. So, I just left them in the 2014 Leaf.

If I had known how expensive they were, I would've shoved them in the back of my new Leaf and sold them on e-bay to fund my new cargo cover!

It's a personal preference thing, but I've had over a dozen hatchbacks/wagons with those cargo covers. As of the last few years, I found that I prefer to just do limo tint on the back glass (when I tint the rest of the windows as well) and have done away with the cargo covers. I did the same with the new Leaf and I find it very convenient not having that cargo cover.

My cargo cover has already hit me in the face five times, in the first 24 hours. I will either remove it, or disconnect the strings so I have to lift it manually, thus focusing my attention on that sharp-edged thing trying to take my nose off. They REALLY should have used the window shade type.

LeftieBiker said:
They REALLY should have used the window shade type.
Like the Prius? Yes it's a simple yet effective device, easy to remove if you want. I'm also not really a fan of the cover the Leaf uses, it is what it is.....

As an FYI, I ordered a 2018 cargo cover over a month ago, and it's still back-ordered. LeftieBiker, it's too bad you're so far away, otherwise I'd buy yours off of you if you were going to remove it :D .

efigueroa,

Which dealer did you buy the 2018 Cargo cover for $170.00?
I like to pick one up as well.
Thanks

ookoshi said:
As an FYI, I ordered a 2018 cargo cover over a month ago, and it's still back-ordered. LeftieBiker, it's too bad you're so far away, otherwise I'd buy yours off of you if you were going to remove it :D .

Alas, I've finally learned to automatically dodge its knife-sharp edge, so it hasn't tried to kill me in over two weeks. ;-)

FYI I just ordered a 2018 cargo cover from oepartsmart.com. They had the lowest total delivered price when I googled for it, $193.18 to my door step. Still not exactly a bargain but hey.

Back