New Nissan LEAF Survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markbb99

Just got an email from Nissan asking me to take a survey. The interesting thing about the survey is they use a theoretical "150 mile range Nissan Leaf" in many of the questions.
They also asked lots of question about charging stations.

Has anyone else taken this survey. Maybe 150 mile range leaf will be here sooner than we think!!! :)

I just took the survey. I didn't think it was very good since there was no place to submit comments since much of it did not apply to me. The best part, IMO, is they are starting to talk about a longer range - 150 miles. When Kadota-san (LEAF Chief Engineer) came to our EV Summit at Google in Aug. 2013, we talked about a longer range. I told him 150 mile range would be attractive for me to consider another LEAF. However, I can't see a good reason for me to purchase another 75-mile EV.

markbb99 said:
Just got an email from Nissan asking me to take a survey. The interesting thing about the survey is they use a theoretical "150 mile range Nissan Leaf" in many of the questions.
That would be a 36 kwh battery with 84*1.5 = 126 real world miles. If the battery actually lasted, it would be a great vehicle for a lot of uses. Not holding my breath on either the range or the longevity of the battery.

I also got the survey. I indicated that I wouldn't buy another leaf at the beginning of the survey (range degrades too quickly). I did reply that I would buy another leaf if the EPA rating were 150 miles and I would pay more for it.

I received a survey at 6:25 pm Pacific today (1/28/14) with the subject "Nissan LEAF Survey" from "Nissan Market Intelligence" which is hosted on auto.qualtrics.com.

Dear (my first name),

Nissan North America is grateful for your active participation in shaping the way we do business. Your feedback is helping revolutionize the growing Electric Vehicle Industry and most importantly shaping how we continue to market the Nissan LEAF and all Nissan communications.

We're conducting a short 10-15 minute survey on public charging infrastructure.

The information gathered from this survey allows us the opportunity and privilege to serve you, the consumer, with the best experience possible now and in the future. This survey is to learn more about expectations around electric vehicles ("EV") charging infrastructure as the vehicle technology continues to evolve, and help ensure that Nissan's efforts to expand charging infrastructure align with those expectations.

The survey should take between 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Follow this link to the Survey:
(redacted)
Follow the link to opt out of future emails:
Click here to unsubscribe

Thank you again for your time.

Nissan North America
Market Research
I plan to take it in the next few days, if not tonight.

Interesting that you guys mention "theoretical "150 mile range Nissan Leaf"". I just wonder on what test/speed that might be achieved at. Per a European Nissan exec, the Leaf's range is now up to 200 km (124 miles). :roll: See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13264&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, if you want to see what I'm talking about.

got the survey done last night.

150 range sounds nice, but we have to take it with a couple grains of salt

36 kwh pack would easily fit into the leaf but would be heavier
31 usable kwh x 4 120 real miles= 150 nissan miles?

I would by a longer range Leaf for sure.
very happy with the car except or the styling and range

one thing to think about and it was hit on in the survey , a larger pack will take longer to charge even on chademo as it is limited to a measley 50kw charge rate at best.
the reality is if your pack is at a mid state of soc or the temps are really cold or really hot your charge rate is lower , more like 32kw rate.

so longer range/bigger pack= longer quickcharge.

my lease is up Feb 2015 , hoping a new improved leaf is out by then. if not i will not buy another 75/84 mile bev

come on nissan do it right!

I got the survey and completed it - quite a few interesting questions, which did apply a lot to me since I use public charging quite extensively. When I did take the survey I was keen to notice the 150 miles was listed as 150 EPA rated miles. So they were very clear to point out the 150 vs the current 75 EPA rated miles and didn't use any assumptions that it was 150 super conservative, etc.

Just finished the survey. Yes, I noticed they were very clear about the 150 EPA rated miles in many of the questions.

One thing I found difficult to answer about the charging was they did not make a distinction between level-2 charging and DC fast charging. They just asked "how long would you expect it to take" As such, I answered most of those with the presumption that I'm charging on Level-2.

I did get the distinct impression that Nissan is seriously considering expanding charging infrastructure and also bringing a 150-mile version of the Leaf to market. When this would happen is anyone's guess. Maybe 2-3 years from now. But I'd be thrilled to see a 150 mile battery being offered on the 2014 model Leaf.

Got mine yesterday also, almost finished it, then it began asking the typical demographic questions about gender, annual income, and the like. Unfortunately, these required mandatory answers which I prefer to not do so I exited the survey and my input was lost to Nissan.

That said, the survey did ask questions about what could become the charging business model. Several questions posed a price-vs.-speed thought, i.e., would you rather QC at a faster rate for a higher cost than the reverse? And how much would you be willing to pay for a larger battery pack? Actually, with the exception of not being able to skip the personal information, I was impressed by the questions being asked.

SalisburySam said:
Got mine yesterday also, almost finished it, then it began asking the typical demographic questions about gender, annual income, and the like. Unfortunately, these required mandatory answers which I prefer to not do so I exited the survey and my input was lost to Nissan.
I never worry about the mandatory answers for demographic questions, I just don't always answer truthfully. ;)

Answered it last night. It was clear to me they focused on two (very important IMO) things;
1. What type of public charging do I prefer and where do I want it?
2. Would I buy another LEAF if it had a 150 mile range?

I must say I have been asked/answered more industry surveys in the four months I have had my LEAF than with any item before in my life. Of them, this was the most directly focused.

I'm guessing they are at least asking the question. The current range of the LEAF is 100% of the reason that I'm looking to buy a RAV4 EV in addition to my LEAF. One ~70 mile EV in the family at a time is enough.

I too thought the questions were too ambiguous as to whether you should assume they meant level 2 or DCFC. My expectations for each are different.

linkim said:
I just took the survey. I didn't think it was very good since there was no place to submit comments since much of it did not apply to me.
I took it last night.

The biggest issue with the survey in many of the questions is that it didn't seem to account for the fact that I would prefer varying charge rates depending on how far I needed to go.

But when I do, there's a couple scenarios:

1. I want as much charge as quickly as possible because I'm waiting for the charge to finish. This might be 10 minutes of QC so I can make another 20+ miles, or it might be 30 minutes so I can make it another 50+ miles.
2. I want a certain amount of charge in a certain amount of time so I can make it to my next destination. For a meal stop I might expect to be park 30-60 minutes - but I could need anywhere from 50-75 miles if road tripping (DCQC), or just need 10-20 miles (L2, 16-30A). Or I might head towards something further where I might be parked 4-8 hours - in which case anywhere from L1 on up might be sufficient.

Back