Anyone else hoping for a new dash design?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Well, we have decided after a few test drives that the New dash is not to our liking and we much prefer our 2016 SV. Just doesn’t seem “right”. So,

1. Anyone else hoping for a new dash design for the new 2019/2020 long range Leaf?

2. Any chance of it happening in 2020 when we are back in the market?

3. How about the Nismo. Any chance of something special there?

Just curious.

John.

LeftieBiker said:
I'd like a dash that returns to being user-friendly over being "cost efficient" like the current one.

Yah, that kinda sums it up for us. We went into it with an open mind but just can’t warm up to it. Our 2016 is just right and has been since day one. We just can’t get around the new dash. It’s okay, just not the same. Hoping maybe the Nismo will see something special.

I'm OK with the 2018 dash as I don't have any experience with previous models, but the rest of the interior design is horrible!

I miss all the little cubbies for storing personal items in my Gen 2 Prius: 2 glove compartments were fabulous, I used the lower one for the manual and maps and the upper one for my hair brush, some ibuprofen and a few other personal items.
There was a much better compartment between the seats under the arm rest, a little cubby under the radio and a secret cubby under the shift console.

Worst of all is that the arm rest is too far back and between the arm rest and the shift are the water bottle holders. That's where my arm should be! Who designed this?

Back