LEAF 2 : What we know so far (2018 or later?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tkdbrusco said:
Initial 100% GIDS was 292 until about 2,000 miles. Now I'm getting 275-278 with about 7,000 miles. I'm in CA, not very cold here.
But it has only been six months.
Short term info from the LEAF is not very significant.
Some 2013 LEAFs started low but had normal range and most report they have held up well on capacity and range.

DanCar said:
asimba2 said:
NTB14-027 is the occupant sensor issue that resulted in the airbag recall, which I had done. If there is a solution for the grabby brakes that doesn't take away all the regen like the update for the 2011-2012 models, I am interested.
According to the link and the photo of the receipt NTB14-027 has instructions to reprogram the brakes.
I had this update done recently. Very noticeable improvement to the 2013 "grabby brakes" problem, at least for me.

ObjetDart said:
DanCar said:
asimba2 said:
NTB14-027 is the occupant sensor issue that resulted in the airbag recall, which I had done. If there is a solution for the grabby brakes that doesn't take away all the regen like the update for the 2011-2012 models, I am interested.
According to the link and the photo of the receipt NTB14-027 has instructions to reprogram the brakes.
I had this update done recently. Very noticeable improvement to the 2013 "grabby brakes" problem, at least for me.

Thanks, I will look into it more. If you google search NTB14-027 all I get is airbag recall info.

ObjetDart said:
asimba2 said:
Thanks, I will look into it more. If you google search NTB14-027 all I get is airbag recall info.
I think it is NTB14-017.
Yep, here is what a Google search comes up with for 017: https://www.automd.com/tsb/bulletin_b367942/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Summary: Nissan: the brake pedal may be sensitive at speeds below 15 mph during stop and go traffic. The electronically driven intelligent brake control unit must be reprogrammed.

I've got a new 2015, and I still consider the brakes much more "grabby" at low speeds than any other car I've driven. (And I used to travel a lot for work, so have driven all sorts of rental cars over the years)

Split Sway related topics to a new thread.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=19396" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tkdbrusco said:
DanCar said:
tkdbrusco said:
My lizard pack sucks! Down to 276 GIDS after 7000mi. Nothing impressive to me.
Down from what? Is it do to cold whether? What range are you getting?

Initial 100% GIDS was 292 until about 2,000 miles. Now I'm getting 275-278 with about 7,000 miles. I'm in CA, not very cold here.

I am looking at buying a 2015 next week and returning my leased 2013. Are all the Leafs now made with the Lizard Packs? I havent been keeping up as of late.

LUXMAN said:
I am looking at buying a 2015 next week and returning my leased 2013. Are all the Leafs now made with the Lizard Packs? I havent been keeping up as of late.
According to BRockman post on MNL the answer is Yes.
See here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17168&hilit=+battery+update#p374490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But the only place Nissan has mentioned it is forums.
Might have been some mention in interviews.

But there is ZERO mention of it in published brochures on the 2015 LEAF.

Nissan really doesn't seem to want to talk about it.

I'm sure they are afraid that it (rightly) will lead to discussions of the battery degradation issues and Nissan's piss-poor response to them!

TimLee said:

TomT said:
I'm sure they are afraid that it (rightly) will lead to discussions of the battery degradation issues and Nissan's piss-poor response to them!

TimLee said:

Yup, don't want to say anything in public that might imply the last several years of products are defective.

BMW motorcycle are famous for this. BMW will never admit a defect publicly, no matter how many people report the problem. They train their service people to always respond like it is the first time they've seen the problem. And yet, the next model year, the part that was giving everyone trouble will be quietly redesigned or replaced, often with no explanation. Doesn't work so well in the Internet age where there are forums for people to swap stories.

So, first off, take all this with a giant grain of salt. It's a dealer, so if you believe nothing a dealer says, which is a good idea, then don't read this. But it's a small data point, so I'm going to leave it here.

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He was just seeing if he could drum up a bit of business as my lease is up in 6 months. He wanted to know what my plans were. I said I was waiting to see what was happening with the '16: if Nissan increases the range, I'll buy that new. Otherwise, I'm going to buy another used '13. He said he was pretty sure the '16 was going to have 150 miles. I asked him if he meant the '17, and he said no, he had heard the '16.

So, couple things to keep in mind. First off, not much for him to gain by making something up: if the '16 comes out with 80 miles, he didn't get a sale by making **** up today. Second is that he was the one who said 150 miles, so he at least knows what the current rumors are. And third is that this is a dealer which does a pretty good Leaf business. A good quarter of their lot at any one time is dedicated to Leafs.

Of course, he could just browse this forum every once in a while and that's where he got his information. So, eh. But 150 miles next year would be nice!

pkulak said:
So, first off, take all this with a giant grain of salt. It's a dealer, so if you believe nothing a dealer says, which is a good idea, then don't read this. But it's a small data point, so I'm going to leave it here.

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He was just seeing if he could drum up a bit of business as my lease is up in 6 months. He wanted to know what my plans were. I said I was waiting to see what was happening with the '16: if Nissan increases the range, I'll buy that new. Otherwise, I'm going to buy another used '13. He said he was pretty sure the '16 was going to have 150 miles. I asked him if he meant the '17, and he said no, he had heard the '16.

So, couple things to keep in mind. First off, not much for him to gain by making something up: if the '16 comes out with 80 miles, he didn't get a sale by making **** up today. Second is that he was the one who said 150 miles, so he at least knows what the current rumors are. And third is that this is a dealer which does a pretty good Leaf business. A good quarter of their lot at any one time is dedicated to Leafs.

Of course, he could just browse this forum every once in a while and that's where he got his information. So, eh. But 150 miles next year would be nice!

Well it would make sense to me for Nissan to surprise the market with something sooner than the current rumor of MY17, to avoid a long period of disinterest in the current model, as well as to get a jump on the others threatening to come out with a 200-mile EV. Nissan should be ahead of the others, given their investment, but it makes sense for them not to admit that. But then, secrets are hard to keep these days.

leafedbehind said:
pkulak said:

Well it would make sense to me for Nissan to surprise the market with something sooner than the current rumor of MY17, to avoid a long period of disinterest in the current model, as well as to get a jump on the others threatening to come out with a 200-mile EV. Nissan should be ahead of the others, given their investment, but it makes sense for them not to admit that. But then, secrets are hard to keep these days.

I'd still put my bet on no 2016 model year. Just look at what happened to volt sales as soon as the next one was announced. They may make a surplus run of 2015s to satisfy CARB demands. If they skip the model year they can actually start selling the 2017s early in 2016 if it's ready. Again the same could happen with them skipping the 2017 and introducing the 2018 in 2017 as a 2018 model year.

100% my speculation but from what I know when I worked at a car dealership and from talking to friends at them now. The dealerships know nothing secret about the plans the brands have, many times they are the last to learn "officially" since the brands are all concerned about leaks and actually having the media care about it when it gets launched.

He's telling you the 2016 is better because he thinks you'll wait a year. He then thinks that in a year he'll have more info and can wait another year after that.

They'll probably try to match the Soul 100-mile spec and not much else. 2017 is going to be a big year, not 2016.

When does Nissan general start selling the new model year? Usually Volkswagen Stars selling 2015's in August 2014 for example. Will we see 2016 leaf in September 2015?

Most likely. We would "hear" something by now about what is bound to show up in Nissan showrooms in a few months. You know...leafs rustling in the trees. :lol:

So maybe that 100-mile guess is wishful thinking after all and 2016 Leaf will be the same-old same-old variant.

ILETRIC said:
Most likely. We would "hear" something by now about what is bound to show up in Nissan showrooms in a few months. ...
The new management might be better at keeping a secret and or the 2016 is going to appear late. The 100 and 150 mile range duo has been rumored for more than a year. Also possible they scrapped those plans and are now going for 200+ mile range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back