Visual
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015

Sacramento area?

Fri May 07, 2010 9:58 am

Anybody here from the Sac/surrounding area? I'm hoping we can encourage Nissan to bring the Leaf here for test drives sooner rather than later...

Amit
El Dorado Hills
Cayenne Red Leaf - Schneider EVSE
Sacto area.

rawhog
Delivery Date: 11 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 898

Re: Sacramento area?

Fri May 07, 2010 11:40 am

I live in Vacaville, and commute to SMF.
Reservation #63E3842D Blue
VIN=868 CA License plate= 99 MPGE
Deliverd 4-5-11 w/ 8 miles on her

Visual

Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am

Vacaville - isn't that where the city is offering a $6k rebate for EVs?
Cayenne Red Leaf - Schneider EVSE
Sacto area.

rawhog
Delivery Date: 11 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 898

Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 am

Yes and no. They have a program. But, when I spoke with them about it. I was told that the only vehicle that will qualify for it is the CNG Honda Civic. They claim because the Leaf will get the fed and state incentives that it will not qualify. However, I did some checking and found that the sources they are supposedly are using for the grant money list the Leaf as a qualified vehicle. After July, I will dig into this a bit more.
Reservation #63E3842D Blue
VIN=868 CA License plate= 99 MPGE
Deliverd 4-5-11 w/ 8 miles on her

scottsim

Mon May 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Kelseyville, Clearlake area...Tahoe house, so through Sac a lot.

Calaveras

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 pm

I am located at 3,000 foot elevation 70 miles east of Sacramento.
My concern is that I have a nearly 2,000 elevation change in my daily commute. That is fine going downhill, but will The leaf make it back uphill without becoming an obstacle to traffic?
Knowing that there will be charging stations along the major highways will make longer trips possible.
2016 S bought used in 2017 with 93% SOH 58 Ah 89 Hx for $12,000
Daily commute is 55 miles round trip with a 2,900 foot elevation climb on the way home.
Calaveras County California

darelldd
Delivery Date: 28 Jan 2015

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Calaveras wrote:I am located at 3,000 foot elevation 70 miles east of Sacramento.
My concern is that I have a nearly 2,000 elevation change in my daily commute. That is fine going downhill, but will The leaf make it back uphill without becoming an obstacle to traffic?

If you are worried about having enough power to climb the hills - fear not. Range is another story. My Rav4EV has less than half the power that the Leaf will have, and there are no hills it cannot climb at normal freeway speeds.

Oh... and I'm in Davis. :wave:
Darell, the EVnut >http://evnut.com<
Email me: Domain is gmail.com. Name is darelldd@. Really. I hate PM.
2011 while SL with Chademo... new to me in 2015.

cinmar
Delivery Date: 01 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1818

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:51 am

I'm in Stockton, about 45 min. south of Sac. My husband works in Old Sac.
Reserved 4/20/10 * Ordered 10/25/10 * EDD April->May->Pending->June->April 11th->April 27th->April 29th->May 5th->DELIVERED 5/1/11
Carwings: 4/12/11 - 7-day email:4/21/11
Glacier Pearl SL + QC
4.9 kW SunPower PV Panels

LakeLeaf
Delivery Date: 04 Aug 2018

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:19 pm

darelldd wrote:
Calaveras wrote:I am located at 3,000 foot elevation 70 miles east of Sacramento.

If you are worried about having enough power to climb the hills - fear not. Range is another story. My Rav4EV has less than half the power that the Leaf will have, and there are no hills it cannot climb at normal freeway speeds.

So I'm extremely interested in this - have you been able to figure how how many "flat" miles of power you burn for every uphill mile?

For instance - if you have an average of a 6% hill, how many normal miles of juice do you consume for each one you go up hill? What's your best estimate?

If the Leaf can go up a decent hill at 2 miles of battery for every mile of road, or even 3 miles of battery for every mile of road - it vastly expands the area that I can use it in. If it is more like 5+ miles of battery for every mile uphill, then I'll be fairly limited where I can take the car.

My only electric experience is the 30 seconds or so you can drive the Prius on battery only, so that doesn't give me enough data to make an educated guess.

scottsim

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:40 pm

LakeLeaf wrote:
darelldd wrote:

So I'm extremely interested in this - have you been able to figure how how many "flat" miles of power you burn for every uphill mile?

For instance - if you have an average of a 6% hill, how many normal miles of juice do you consume for each one you go up hill? What's your best estimate?
If the Leaf can go up a decent hill at 2 miles of battery for every mile of road, or even 3 miles of battery for every mile of road - it vastly expands the area that I can use it in. If it is more like 5+ miles of battery for every mile uphill, then I'll be fairly limited where I can take the car.
My only electric experience is the 30 seconds or so you can drive the Prius on battery only, so that doesn't give me enough data to make an educated guess.

In the last 6mos I have been getting quite a bit of experience with a 10KWh converted Prius in the hills of norcal...and I can tell you that for MANY reasons the Leaf should offer a comparitively vigorous level of cruising, both at highway speeds and over varied terrain....But untill we see some real world numbers for the Leaf, it is all speculation...Even if I had the Leaf's bigger battery available to me in the Prius, the Prius was not designed to use EV solely....On the other hand, no range anxiety.

Return to “Pacific USA”