AAA & 91 Express Lanes / Fastrak Discounted Transponders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

Hi guys,

I was told if you are a costco or AAA member you can get discounted transponders with them. Do you guys know if these are new or used? If used are they reliable? It just makes me wonder how long they would last if they have been in use already. Do you also have to return them once you finish using them? Also, I have yet to get my HOV stickers :( I kept putting it off and just forgot about them. Didn't think I'd need them until I recalled someone telling me i can run FasTrak at +3 /w the hov stickers :(. Am I missing out on other goodies? I just recently found the free quick charge stations and wow they have been a blessing. Also, just ordered my charepoint card... didn't know some of the free quick chargers used a CP card! I'm a AAA member. Can I drop my HOV application with them or MUST it be mailed?

The transponders are new. However if this transponder will be used exclusively with the Leaf, and you primarily drive on the 91 Express Lanes, you may want to apply for a Special Access account directly with the 91 Express Lanes: https://www.91expresslanes.com/pdf/specapp.pdf That way all your travels on the 91 Express Lanes will be free, except for M-F 4-6 PM which will always be discounted 50%. Yes you do have to return them when you no longer want them.

HOV stickers must be applied for directly with the DMV: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/a2d67782-6ef5-48e5-aa04-12f472ef97b4/reg1000.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Besides ChargePoint, check PlugShare to see what other charging networks are in your area, and sign up with them.

I'm filling out the form for the HOV application and it asks me:

I am requesting:
Original Decals (never before issue to the vehicle)

or

Transfer to new owner.

Now, how do I know if this leaf has not had the decals before? It doesn't have any on the sides, but I am not sure if the used car lot ripped them off or something. What should I do? My leaf is used 2013 still in warranty. I am the second owner.

NissanLeafCamper said:
I'm filling out the form for the HOV application and it asks me:

I am requesting:
Original Decals (never before issue to the vehicle)

or

Transfer to new owner.

Now, how do I know if this leaf has not had the decals before? It doesn't have any on the sides, but I am not sure if the used car lot ripped them off or something. What should I do? My leaf is used 2013 still in warranty. I am the second owner.

Do you know if the car was registered new in California, via CarFax or similar? If the car previously had stickers, unless the rear bumper was repainted/replaced, there would be no reason to remove them other than for looks.

Pending any info that the car might have been previously registered in California, I would go with "Original Decals."

Hi there yes it was registered in california. I don't mind paying for new stickers. I mean I don't have the old ones since they are not on the car so I wouldn't really be able to transfer them since I don't have them I'd still need to get the stickers since there are none in the car. So unless I will get new stickers via transfer I will just have the option to request new stickers since there aare none on the car

Back